Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm new to the N2O, but becoming VERY interested. So, please excuse my ignorance.

If you are running N2O with the K-Pro, you still need a switch to arm the system, right? But, I wouldn't need the WOT switch because the K-Pro does just that, right?
So, once I arm the system via my shielded red switch, the K-Pro will control my spray based on vehicle speed, throttle position, and RPM, right?
So, how does the K-Pro interface with the nitrous system? There has to be some kind of communication between the two...

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
yes. theres a port on hondata's modded ecu that you hook the switch to. thats it, the rest is inside the k-pro system.

·
My butterfly bit me
1,344 Posts
does anyone one the board have k-pro and n2o yet?

·
Registered
506 Posts
thers actually a physical port on the modded ecu dedicated to n2o control?

thats cool, i thought it was all software ctrl inside

ive only ever noticed the usb connection

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
no, theres one port for the nitrous, arm. the ecu knows everything else. when you program k-pro, you set this stuff up.. view the screen below

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright I haven't quite got this yet...

so in my ECU program, would I always have nitrous control enabled? Then when I flip my arm switch (the red guy), they ECU will know that it is flipped and spray based on the conditions: vehicle speed, rpm, throttle, and load (acting as the WOT switch). But, when I have the arm switch off, the ECU wont try to spray and I can run around meeting the spray conditions without my ignition being retarded or more fuel being added. right?

I hope that made sense. Regardless, I am learning a lot form you guys in a matter of days. Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
BG RSX said:
alright I haven't quite got this yet...

so in my ECU program, would I always have nitrous control enabled? Then when I flip my arm switch (the red guy), they ECU will know that it is flipped and spray based on the conditions: vehicle speed, rpm, throttle, and load (acting as the WOT switch). But, when I have the arm switch off, the ECU wont try to spray and I can run around meeting the spray conditions without my ignition being retarded or more fuel being added. right?

I hope that made sense. Regardless, I am learning a lot form you guys in a matter of days. Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:
yes. you're catchin on.

·
My butterfly bit me
1,344 Posts
can anyone already running this setup give your thoughts. so far i dont see any downside to this settup besides the price.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sane 007 said:
can anyone already running this setup give your thoughts. so far i dont see any downside to this settup besides the price.
and the price is well worth it, considering you can tune your entire car to perfection. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
BG RSX said:
and the price is well worth it, considering you can tune your entire car to perfection. :thumbsup:
eh, i have mixed opinions on this also. a year ago, it sounded like the best thing since sliced bread. then updated and made the bm3, or guardian.

if i do any further mods, after i win the lotto of course, will be turbo, and guardian will be my friend. :D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WarmPepsi said:
eh, i have mixed opinions on this also. a year ago, it sounded like the best thing since sliced bread. then updated and made the bm3, or guardian.
:D
to each is own. it's funny how everyone in the 'ECU Tuning' forum is just insanely in love with the K-Pro, just like everyone in here is hooked on the N2O! from what I gathered they're both the next best thing to crack- so I'm getting them both :laughing:

the guardian looks to be a great mod for the money, especially for a juiced car. luckily for me the K-Pro is only $500, so it's no brainer to have the entire engine under MY control.

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
I-zoom said:
So could we say the K-pro makes it "safe" to spray now??
It makes it considerably safer, especially if it is tuned. There are no stupidity filters in the software though, so if you spray a 125 shot at 1500 rpm you carry the risk.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
125!!

Hondata said:
It makes it considerably safer, especially if it is tuned. There are no stupidity filters in the software though, so if you spray a 125 shot at 1500 rpm you carry the risk.
So we can spray 125 shot safly...but not at 1500rpms!! :eek:

·
6,734 Posts
Next best thing to crack is the [email protected], K-Pro and 100shot. That would make a crack whore happy.

BG RSX said:
to each is own. it's funny how everyone in the 'ECU Tuning' forum is just insanely in love with the K-Pro, just like everyone in here is hooked on the N2O! from what I gathered they're both the next best thing to crack- so I'm getting them both :laughing:

the guardian looks to be a great mod for the money, especially for a juiced car. luckily for me the K-Pro is only $500, so it's no brainer to have the entire engine under MY control.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Hondata said:
exactly, but if you don't go sit on a dyno, you're just gonna plug numbers in

(aka: get one of the hondata certified people to tune it = more money)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WarmPepsi said:
exactly, but if you don't go sit on a dyno, you're just gonna plug numbers in

(aka: get one of the hondata certified people to tune it = more money)
that's why I was going to go with the wet kit and not have to take guesses for the fuel enrichment. I'd still have to make a conservative guess for the timing retard though. Hopefully someone will have ballpark numbers in the next few months for certian N2O shots. From there, it is relatively easy to tweek a/f and timing on your own with the datalogging and plug inspection.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts