Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would setup a calibration for fuel economy . i just dont know where to start . what am i looking for ? do i lean it out, do i pull out timing ? do i raise closed loop and v-tech as high as possible?

thanks -Rafael

· Vendor
935 Posts
Fuel economy

Since the ECU runs in closed loop, there's not much you can do to the fueling to improve fuel economy. In any case, I'm not sure how much leaner than 14.7:1 you can run before the pistons get too hot.

You can optimize ignition and cam angle settings, which will help economy. I think the only way to do this is on a dyno, and tune the area from 2000-4000 rpm, 30-60 kPa for lowest manifold vacuum with a constant load. From what I've seen the dynojet constant load setting is too course to work.

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i took a long trip this weekend .with 2 full tanks of gas i averaged 27-28 miles per gallon . i used Outlaw octane booster to help with the bottom end knock ( that im still working on )..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.