Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Honda4Ever
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Idle is not consistant ever since the kpro install. Without touching throttle, start the car idle goes to about 1600-1800rpm, drops a little then shoots up to a little over 2k rpm then drops, this continues all the way down (about 500 rpm raise) till it gets to where it should be, then bogs a little shoots up to 1k, then down till it settles at 750 where it should be. This can happen any time, not just when I first start the car. Tonight I came home and i just sat in the driveway and same thing, 750, bog, up to about 1100, down to 750. All by itself. Any ideas?

·
Registered
576 Posts
HardWired71 said:
Idle is not consistant ever since the kpro install. Without touching throttle, start the car idle goes to about 1600-1800rpm, drops a little then shoots up to a little over 2k rpm then drops, this continues all the way down (about 500 rpm raise) till it gets to where it should be, then bogs a little shoots up to 1k, then down till it settles at 750 where it should be. This can happen any time, not just when I first start the car. Tonight I came home and i just sat in the driveway and same thing, 750, bog, up to about 1100, down to 750. All by itself. Any ideas?
Sounds like the same problem that I am having and others have had. I really am not sure if it programming or mechnical. What some people have found is that the IAC valve and the gasket that goes between the sc and throttle body needs to be replaced. My car goes in very soon to be upgraded I am going to have both those items replaced. Here is a thread about this problem.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=165294&highlight=idle+problem

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
swwifty said:
BigDawg's car does the same thing.

I've been experiencing some strange idle things too, but my IAC is broken.
That not your IAC that is broken Dave, that is the air bypass valve.

Doug tried telling me that it was the IAC too, but it did not start until I installed the K-Pro.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
BigDawg said:
That not your IAC that is broken Dave, that is the air bypass valve.

Doug tried telling me that it was the IAC too, but it did not start until I installed the K-Pro.
oh yeah your right.

I have strange blips, but nothing like HardWired is having.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, please post if you figure out the problem -- I've got the same issue. I turn my car on and it raises up to 2k, then down to like 1700-1800, then up to 2500 and back down. Sometimes it'll go back up to 2000 or even 2500 a second time before finally settling down. What's really unusual to me is that I've never changed the idle rpm setting and it didn't start happening until the last time I flashed it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
When did you first start getting this issue? I didn't have this problem until the latest K-Pro release.

·
Registered
758 Posts
yes, my idle seems to be a bit more 'blippy' for cold start since the K-Pro. Exact same thing you guys are describing. The idle always shot up around 2000 and slowly fell off, but now it goes up and down inbetween. I assume that it just needs to be tuned.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mine only does it when I first turn the car on, once it settles down it doesn't come back again until then next time I cold start. Like if I stop at a light or something it just sits where it's supposed to (800 rpms). I also haven't gotten the bogging yet either. I'll try to datalog a cold start tonight if I have some time and I'll post up the results tomorrow.

·
All Motor ONLY
87 Posts
my car does it after the cold start and its normal afterwards, unless i start it again as a cold start.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Yeah, mine only really goes up to 2000-2300 on a cold start. It then settles and stays normal.

And no, it is not the IAC. I have checked it. Plus my car only has 17k on it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I like to hear what Hondata has to say about this.....I thought that it was only happening to a few people sounds like it is a bigger problem.

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
2,325 Posts
I've got the same problem too, and I haven't even touched anything yet with the K-pro...just plugged it in. It doesn't seem to really hurt anything from what I can see, but who am I to tell?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.