Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of installing a zex wet nitrous system. Hondata suggests using k pro for turbo or nitrous applications but i dont want to spend the money for it. If i got the ecu reflashed by hondata would i be able to use a nitrous system without using k pro?

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you do a reflash then no. The reflash adv the timming and will cause knock. Thats why they say to use Hondata due to the fact when the nitrous is active it can decrease the timming. I'm running a wet 75 shot of NO2 myself. Running for over 100K miles with no issues... yet...

·
Master DIY'er in training
1,630 Posts
If you do a reflash then no. The reflash adv the timming and will cause knock. Thats why they say to use Hondata due to the fact when the nitrous is active it can decrease the timming. I'm running a wet 75 shot of NO2 myself. Running for over 100K miles with no issues... yet...
Reflash is hondata..

And your running nitrous with stock ecu?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was... I just recently added the Krpo. So that would be about 90k on the stock ecu. I did put the car on the dyno and fine tured the A/F, using the Jets that came with the wet kit. That is the most important thing to do...

·
1,630 Posts
I was... I just recently added the Krpo. So that would be about 90k on the stock ecu. I did put the car on the dyno and fine tured the A/F, using the Jets that came with the wet kit. That is the most important thing to do...
But no problems on a stock motor? I'm thinking about getting nitrous.. Where would you suggest getting a kit from?

·
Registered
36 Posts
No problems at all. I have an 03 SI with the factory K20A3, CAI, Full race header, catback.
Just got the kpro and planning on set of cams. I got my wet kit from NY-TREX TRIPLE THREAT. I'm very pleased with the kit. If not them, go NOS. Just make sure its a wet kit and you put it on a dyno to make sure your A/F is correct for running nitrous...

·
Speedooo
555 Posts
You pretty much have to do a wet kit without a tuning solution. Wet kits premix the fuel/nitrous, dry kits rely on the computer to add fuel when the nitrous is activated. It's pretty much all the same, you need to arm the system with a switch and then use a 12V source to tell it when to spray; usually the TPS which hits 12V at WOT.

·
1,630 Posts
I think I'm going to do this. Probably get the zex blackout system.

So I have to drill a hole in the air intake for the nozzle correct?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes you can do that or get a TB spacer that has the hole predrilled. I actually just ordered one from ClubRSX and installing it this weekend. I'm going from From an AEM V2 to the cold air by AEM.... The V2 just brings in to much hot air. By using the spacer it will put the nozzle behind the TB and inline with the butterfly, so it minimizes the air restriction. Plumming into the air intake will require you to put a nut inside the intake and can restrict a little bit of the air flow.

·
1,630 Posts
Yes you can do that or get a TB spacer that has the hole predrilled. I actually just ordered one from ClubRSX and installing it this weekend. I'm going from From an AEM V2 to the cold air by AEM.... The V2 just brings in to much hot air. By using the spacer it will put the nozzle behind the TB and inline with the butterfly, so it minimizes the air restriction. Plumming into the air intake will require you to put a nut inside the intake and can restrict a little bit of the air flow.
Would you mind posting the link to the tb spacer you got?

Yeah I might go to a cold air.. I have the tube for it just need a hoses.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well I tried to post the link... said it had to be reviewed. Go to clubep3.com look under civic parts, then air intake, go to last page. Its the PowerRevRacing TB Spacer.

·
1,630 Posts
Well I tried to post the link... said it had to be reviewed. Go to clubep3.com look under civic parts, then air intake, go to last page. Its the PowerRevRacing TB Spacer.
The one for $70?

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's her! I got the heat resistant gaskets as well. But, only do them if you plan on doing the coolant bypass on the TB. Other wise you just wasted the money on the gaskets...

·
1,630 Posts
That's her! I got the heat resistant gaskets as well. But, only do them if you plan on doing the coolant bypass on the TB. Other wise you just wasted the money on the gaskets...
Ok cool. Man what kind of place do you go toto get nitrous refilled? And how much is it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have always had mine filled at a local speed shop, If they have any... The price goes up and down like gas does. I used to pay around 2.00 a pound. I moved to Nashville a couple years ago and the prices up here now are almost 5.00 a pound.... Thats the down side of NO2.... It starts out cheap but in the long run the cost adds up...

·
1,630 Posts
I have always had mine filled at a local speed shop, If they have any... The price goes up and down like gas does. I used to pay around 2.00 a pound. I moved to Nashville a couple years ago and the prices up here now are almost 5.00 a pound.... Thats the down side of NO2.... It starts out cheap but in the long run the cost adds up...
Ok and how long does a tank last you?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Running at a 1/4 track, a 75 shot, and spraying off the line all the way down the track I get about 10 runs using a bottle heater to keep the pressure up... I keep the bottle pressure around 1,000psi

·
1,630 Posts
Running at a 1/4 track, a 75 shot, and spraying off the line all the way down the track I get about 10 runs using a bottle heater to keep the pressure up... I keep the bottle pressure around 1,000psi
Ok so it does last a while. Well I think I'm going to do this. And pi can't use reflash with this?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts