Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The recent (March) seminar has been published to DVD and augmented with additional training materials. There is a great 10 minute race video of Hondata's K powered '93 Civic starting from the back of the field of 29 cars....

Cost of the DVD is $30. Included is a CD of all of the training videos listed here:http://www.hondata.com/techk-protraining.html

The training movie files have now increased to an hour in total. There is a lot of video here, so if we get protests from our web hosting company, it might be made available only on CD.

As of Monday all new K-Pro systems will be shipping with the training video as published on our web site.

Doug

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
nice thanks for the video update

·
ECU Tuner
4,281 Posts
I had a problem with Advanced Tuning files 1 (VTC Basics) and 7 (Ignition Tuning and Knock). QuickTime would not run them. Doug was nice enough to upload them again. Unfortunately, I still can't get the files to run on either of my PCs. Anyone else have a problem with those two files?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
conradb212 said:
I had a problem with Advanced Tuning files 1 (VTC Basics) and 7 (Ignition Tuning and Knock)... Anyone else have a problem with those two files?
Yes.

(TIP FOR HONDATA)
If Hondata wants to free up some band width they should put all the .mov files in one zip folder and make it downloadable. That would speed things up and plus we would have them on our own computers and not be downloading them over and over again to watch them again later. We would also be able to pause the movie, rewind a little. etc.

·
ECU Tuner
4,281 Posts
Todd said:
Yes.

(TIP FOR HONDATA)
If Hondata wants to free up some band width they should put all the .mov files in one zip folder and make it downloadable. That would speed things up and plus we would have them on our own computers and not be downloading them over and over again to watch them again later. We would also be able to pause the movie, rewind a little. etc.
You actually can pause and rewind in QuickTime. I can do it on one of my PCs but not the other, so it must be a setting. I also copied the .mov files from the IE cache directory so that I can watch them again without downloading them again. The sole problem I still have is with Advanced #1 and 7.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
conradb212 said:
I had a problem with Advanced Tuning files 1 (VTC Basics) and 7 (Ignition Tuning and Knock). QuickTime would not run them. Doug was nice enough to upload them again. Unfortunately, I still can't get the files to run on either of my PCs. Anyone else have a problem with those two files?
i have the same problem Advanced Tuning files 1 (VTC Basics) and 7 (Ignition Tuning and Knock) dont work.

·
ECU Tuner
4,281 Posts
Advanced tuning files 1 and 7 now work for me. Perhaps Doug resaved/reloaded them or perhaps I have different network settings at work that affected those files at home, but not here.

All in all, this series answers a lot of questions about concepts and the tuning process. I like the format of seeing the actual K-Pro software while it is manipulated live, and with Doug explaining what he is doing and why.

The key to understanding all of this is really understanding the underlying concepts. How do cam angles affect economy/emissions/performance, and why? What is the impact of AF on performance and economy and why? And how do we determine where we need a lot of ignition advance and why, and what does it mean to economy/emissions/performance. Once you know and understand those underlying principles, interpreting a map becomes much easier.

Two areas that tripped me a bit are: a) what's the starting point? The basic Honda maps? Makes sense, but what's the starting point for the turbo and SC maps? Experience? Educated guess? b) the VTC and ignition examples relate to SC engines, and those maps are very different from NA engines, so some of the rationale explained does not relate to NA.

Anyway, excellent videos. Must-view material for anyone seriously interested in understanding the K-Pro (and their engine).

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
exist12 said:
i have the same problem Advanced Tuning files 1 (VTC Basics) and 7 (Ignition Tuning and Knock) dont work.
Fixed this morning.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Hondata said:
The recent (March) seminar has been published to DVD and augmented with additional training materials. There is a great 10 minute race video of Hondata's K powered '93 Civic starting from the back of the field of 29 cars....

Cost of the DVD is $30. Included is a CD of all of the training videos listed here:http://www.hondata.com/techk-protraining.html

The training movie files have now increased to an hour in total. There is a lot of video here, so if we get protests from our web hosting company, it might be made available only on CD.

As of Monday all new K-Pro systems will be shipping with the training video as published on our web site.

Doug
So the ones of us that received the K-Pro earlier still have to pay the $30?

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
BigDawg said:
So the ones of us that received the K-Pro earlier still have to pay the $30?
The DVD is not included with any K-Pro. The quicktime training files are available for all to download.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Hondata said:
The DVD is not included with any K-Pro. He quicktime training files are available for all to download.
So the video that you speak of here...

Hondata said:
has nothing to do with the seminar DVD?

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
K20A2 said:
Correct, the $30 DVD is not the same thing as what you can download from the site, the DVD has more information on it.
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying Chris.

·
Ur Post Count Means Nada!
4,510 Posts
I cannot download Tables Window QuickTime video from Training: Setup and Basic tuning. I also cannot download Long and short term fuel trim from Training: Extras.
I get this for both of them.
File Not Found

404 Error

The requested URL was not found on this server. Try using the contents to find what you are looking for.

Thanks for any help.
-Jalal

1 - 18 of 18 Posts