Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can now download the K-pro software known as K-Manager from
here.

It is 2.7Mb in size.
 

·
Speedy
Joined
·
2,648 Posts
Thank you. Nice of you to give us a look before buying... Is there a help file?

Nitrous Control: Can you explain the arming inputs and output control. So armed by power steering, brake or service connector switch.

output control - i understand about adding a power relay between the ECU's solenoid output control relay and the nitrous solenoid. Why is there a selection for output control? I would think if the conditions were met the ECU would turn the solenoid output control relay on or off accordingly.

I was looking to use the power window's lock/unlock switch for arming. Is this a possibility with current software or will that require a revision?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
icebergslim15 said:
hondata,
when is the 3bar map sensor going to be released?
:iamwiths:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,623 Posts
Not to be a dick but can Hondata give me some valid points why the k pro would be a better choice over a tune at a local dyno shop?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
178 Posts
Hondata said:
You can now download the K-pro software known as K-Manager from
here.

It is 2.7Mb in size.
what exactly is the k-pro software? I know what the kpro is but y should i DL the software?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
RsxManJoe said:
Not to be a dick but can Hondata give me some valid points why the k pro would be a better choice over a tune at a local dyno shop?
simple. your local shop can't tune your car without the k-pro :thumbsup: unless you had them tune a VAFC which PALES in comparison, and ony controls fuel. the kpro tunes fuel, igntion timing, cam phasing, vtec engagement, redline, boost sensing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,623 Posts
btappan said:
simple. your local shop can't tune your car without the k-pro :thumbsup: unless you had them tune a VAFC which PALES in comparison, and ony controls fuel. the kpro tunes fuel, igntion timing, cam phasing, vtec engagement, redline, boost sensing.
Well im running the greddy emanage currently and they can control the majority of that other than cam phasing....I just cant justify spending 1500 for a replacement ecu just to have control over cam phasing when I can get a thorough tune for 200-300
 

·
ECU Tuner
Joined
·
4,287 Posts
RsxManJoe said:
Well im running the greddy emanage currently and they can control the majority of that other than cam phasing....I just cant justify spending 1500 for a replacement ecu just to have control over cam phasing when I can get a thorough tune for 200-300
As stated above, having control over the entire ECU definitely gives you much greater control than having something like e-manage that can only control or override part of the system. It's vexing to those who already spent money on such setups, but I think overall the K-Pro is by far the best solution.

Incidentally, at the Hondata seminar Dough Macmillan of Hondata specifically discussed a case where they managed to find a good deal more horsepower and torque in a GREDDY setup (and if I'm not mistaken even somewhat higher boost) when they tuned with the K-Pro instead of e-manage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,623 Posts
conradb212 said:
As stated above, having control over the entire ECU definitely gives you much greater control than having something like e-manage that can only control or override part of the system. It's vexing to those who already spent money on such setups, but I think overall the K-Pro is by far the best solution.

Incidentally, at the Hondata seminar Dough Macmillan of Hondata specifically discussed a case where they managed to find a good deal more horsepower and torque in a GREDDY setup (and if I'm not mistaken even somewhat higher boost) when they tuned with the K-Pro instead of e-manage.
I would imagine that K-Pro would be able to squeeze more power out of the greddy kit but for the price of a new ecu(since I cant be without my car for a few days) is too expensive.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
i'll make you and anyone else a deal! rent my k-pro! while your ecu is off to hondata, i'll send you my k-pro with the immobilizer turned off so it will work with anyones car. you won't have to be without your car and you wont have to pay the $500 mark up of a new ecu ( i'll charge a lot less for the rent) Or anyone else can rent my kpro to see if they like it. that way you don't have to spend 1000 or 1500 to find out if it is useful to you. Anyone PM me if you are interested!
 

·
Sold My baby!! :(
Joined
·
1,441 Posts
Hondata,

I have a quick question for you Hondata: Is the base map on the K-pro for the 440 or 550 injectors? It wouldn't make sense if the k-pro base map for JRSC came with 440 maps for 5-7 PSI when they send you 550 injectors. Unless for some reason it doesn't matter what size the injectors are because the ecu still tells it how much fuel to put out. I know they have a base map for 550 injectors, but it is for 9 PSI. Hopefully someone can explain this to me. Just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,813 Posts
why not rent a car for the 1-3 days when you send your ECU? A lot cheaper than buying a whole new ECU.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jsfwds2k said:
Hondata,

I have a quick question for you Hondata: Is the base map on the K-pro for the 440 or 550 injectors? It wouldn't make sense if the k-pro base map for JRSC came with 440 maps for 5-7 PSI when they send you 550 injectors. Unless for some reason it doesn't matter what size the injectors are because the ecu still tells it how much fuel to put out. I know they have a base map for 550 injectors, but it is for 9 PSI. Hopefully someone can explain this to me. Just curious.
The 550 injector map for 9 psi handles all boost levels up to 9 psi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
hondata,
I know i`ve asked this a few times but i dont feel that i ever really got a straight answer. Maybe i just didnt ask right. How does the calibiration encompass all boost levels up to 9psi. Obviosly 7psi requires more fuel,ect then 5psi. How does the ecu compensate for that? I mean i thought the maps were set in stone so to speak once they up loaded. The same way as you couldnt run 12psi on the greddy 6psi reflash. I understand that the reflash can compensate for differenced since you guys can change all the parameter or the software entirely, but from the looks of it the k-pro adjustments are final once you upload them. Can you shed some more light on how this works, its really been boggling my mind lately.
 

·
ECU Tuner
Joined
·
4,287 Posts
thatguywiththersx said:
hondata,
I know i`ve asked this a few times but i dont feel that i ever really got a straight answer. Maybe i just didnt ask right. How does the calibiration encompass all boost levels up to 9psi. Obviosly 7psi requires more fuel,ect then 5psi. How does the ecu compensate for that? I mean i thought the maps were set in stone so to speak once they up loaded. The same way as you couldnt run 12psi on the greddy 6psi reflash. I understand that the reflash can compensate for differenced since you guys can change all the parameter or the software entirely, but from the looks of it the k-pro adjustments are final once you upload them. Can you shed some more light on how this works, its really been boggling my mind lately.
I think it's because the K-Pro boost tables go up to 12 psi and have fuel and ignition advance values for up to 12 psi, so the ECU can look up values for the higher boost levels in the calibration tables. The cam angles are also not going to change up there. They're all at full advance, just like a SC engine likes it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
O okay thanks man, i just looked at there site and saw mulitiple sets of values , 13 i believe, for different pressures at different rpms. Wow that certainly seems like it would be overkill in a NA car. Good job hondata and thanks conrad.
 

·
Speedy
Joined
·
2,648 Posts
Hondata,

Nitrous Control: Can you explain the arming inputs and output control in detail.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TheSilverBullet said:
Hondata,

Nitrous Control: Can you explain the arming inputs and output control in detail.
The Honda MAP sensor reads from vacuum to 11.4 pounds of boost

We have tuning columns at 4, 8 and 12 pounds of boost.


The tuning procedure is (if possible) to :

Set your car at 4 pounds of boost then tune the fuel and ignition.
Set your car to 8 pounds and tune the fuel and ignition
Set your car to 12 pounds then tune the fuel and ignition.

The car is then tuned for all levels of boost up to 12 pounds of boost.

The computer interpolates any boost values in between these columns and provides the correct fuel and ignition.

As the boost increases the ignition is retarded smoothly.
As the boost increases the fuel is increased smoothly.

Nitrous.

The arm switch is connected to an ECU pin (as listed)
The output for relay is connected to the other pin (purge/evap)

When the system is armed and the conditions are met the ECU activated the relay, adds fuel and retards ignition.

More details later.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top