Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey so i just installed k tuned header on my 06 type s i bolted it up temporarily with my stock exhaust and it sounds like pure garbage sounds like i just have a serious exhaust leak even though there isn't one it was installed professionally and i inspected it as well apparently the header its self ( the slip joints ) will leak no matter what and the dude at k tuned told me this was normal"? so wtff i just payed all this money for a fucking leak? it sounds like garbage it sounds like a fucking muscle car that's running no exhaust at all. ? is this normal ? i'm so confused like wtf did i just spend money on this thing for i heard an 8th gen civic on youtube with k tuned header and stock exhuaust and it sound just fine.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Did they use a rubber mallet to force the slip joints in more? How good is the shop? Slip joints do tend to leak, but with some attention to detail they might not. They might seal with carbon deposit over time. You also have the option to break them in and then weld the joints. Did you do research beforehand or read any of the reviews about the header? What have they said? Sorry to hear your troubles with them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for your reply the shop wasn't the greatest .. i was having some issues with using my friends hoist so i said screw and payed some random shop dude near my house to do it and no he didn't use a rubber mallet or anything as the headers came ready to install. idk i really hope something changes it sounds gross maybe because i'm using my stock exhaust still ? idk the guy from k tuned told me its normal for full race headers to have a leak he said its standard with all two piece race headers. it sounds so gross i'm pissed i have the k tuned exhaust coming in hopefully it gets rid of the nasty raspy gross "14 year old i cut my res off my exhaust sound."

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey thanks for your reply the shop wasn't the greatest .. i was having some issues with using my friends hoist so i said screw and payed some random shop dude near my house to do it and no he didn't use a rubber mallet or anything as the headers came ready to install. idk i really hope something changes it sounds gross maybe because i'm using my stock exhaust still ? idk the guy from k tuned told me its normal for full race headers to have a leak he said its standard with all two piece race headers. it sounds so gross i'm pissed i have the k tuned exhaust coming in hopefully it gets rid of the nasty raspy gross "14 year old i cut my res off my exhaust sound."
Any update ? I had my ktuned rh installed with stock exhaust first never had a problem and the sound was just a bit deeper, now I have it paired with an hks hi power turbo with no resonator and I love how deep is In low rpms and in vtec it just screams as a race car also I have hasport mounts so my car is loud, I just have a raspi tone when the rpms drop between 5.800 rpms and 4.800 it might be bc I don’t have a resonator anyways I’m changing my exhaust and header gaskets bc I still running the oem ones lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts