Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I like soup
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently installing the K-tuned shorter throttle cable and I have quite a bit of slack in the cable running from the throttle body through the firewall and connected to my gas pedal. Their is about an inch or a little more of free play. Has anyone installed this part? the only concern that I have with it right now is on their website it does say that the cable is for the "stock" RSX but I do have the RBC intake manifold which has a slight bend at the end where the throttle body sits and I think that is causing the cable to have slack.

K-Tuned will soon be replacing the bracket on our very popular throttle cable kit. We will be switching from our original powdercoated steel design to a new machined billet bracket. Mounting bolts are now included and our kit still comes with our custom length oem quality throttle cable. The bracket and cable combo is designed for the OEM RSX. This cable is just long enough to reach the firewall and TB with no wasted length.
Did I fuck up here by overlooking this? I may call them tomorrow and see if there is a way to take up the extra slack but wanted to check here first to see if anyone has experienced this.

·
Registered
298 Posts
As long as the cable mounts to the brackets correctly you should be fine. You might have a little leftover but the important cable is on the inside.

I haven't installed this in my car but all throttle cables are similar. I've even seen in some ATVs that the throttle cable is wrapped in a looped and tied since there is so much extra.

·
I like soup
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as the cable mounts to the brackets correctly you should be fine. You might have a little leftover but the important cable is on the inside.

I haven't installed this in my car but all throttle cables are similar. I've even seen in some ATVs that the throttle cable is wrapped in a looped and tied since there is so much extra.
Thank you for responding.

I did call a guy over at K-tuned named mike and explained the same thing. He said that he has seen others use the RBC mani and the K-tuned cable still works but usually has a slight bit more slack in it. Not as much as I seem to be experiencing though. My gas pedal wont hardly engage with the cable at all.

Im just gonna post a few pics later today of how I have it set up to see if anyone can see if I maybe did something wrong...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank you for responding.

I did call a guy over at K-tuned named mike and explained the same thing. He said that he has seen others use the RBC mani and the K-tuned cable still works but usually has a slight bit more slack in it. Not as much as I seem to be experiencing though. My gas pedal wont hardly engage with the cable at all.

Im just gonna post a few pics later today of how I have it set up to see if anyone can see if I maybe did something wrong...
Bump having the same issue right now I just bought a billet bracket and I have a 72mm ktuned TB and also a RBC mani main issue is that they sent me a bracket but When I installed it I was so much slack my gas pedal didn’t engage my gas pedal had to think out the box and get 2 long stud and bolts and made my own bracket extended but still have a bit of play I see people in other vids running the same and having no issue and it looks perfect but definitely for me it’s not at all

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bump having the same issue right now I just bought a billet bracket and I have a 72mm ktuned TB and also a RBC mani main issue is that they sent me a bracket but When I installed it I was so much slack my gas pedal didn’t engage my gas pedal had to think out the box and get 2 long stud and bolts and made my own bracket extended but still have a bit of play I see people in other vids running the same and having no issue and it looks perfect but definitely for me it’s not at all
Bump also having the same issue aswell with my stock after upgrading to a RBC manifold 72 mm ktuned TB and I went with a hybrid racing shorter cable but haven’t received it yet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts