Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at these 3 headers. I know that the buddy club is one of the highest quality headers around. I heard the skunk2 makes the most power.

I was also looking into the K-Tuned. What do you guys recommend?

Side Note: I dont want to deal with fitment issues or leaks. Also I dont want stiff motor mounts, however my friend has stock motor mounts with his OBX V2.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't hear that much good stuff about k-tuned header.
Buddyclub is pretty expensive but if you have the money to spend on it then get it. It's expensive for a reason.
The skunk 2 header is great BUT alot of people say it has issues with the sway bar. Some people say it's fits perfect but I've read more people say it doesn't fit unless you remove or adjust the sway bar.

You could also get a PLM header which is a replica of the SSR header that is also pretty expensive. The PLM is cheap and has really good performance. Look it up. Only bad thing about it is you have to assemble it.
Well the only reason stiff motor mounts are recommended is so that your header won't break, less motor movement and also it eliminates wheel hop...You could and will survive on not having stiff mounts as long as you don't drive aggressive and push your car hard I guess. Meaning No vtecing like a mad man lol. But that's kind of silly to not take advantage of a mod you installed to go faster because you're afraid to break it... I say just get the mounts and not have to worry about your header breaking.
If you're also getting kpro then you definitely need stiff mounts. There's no way around that one lol.
I have Essm inserts on my oem mounts. They feel weird at first but you get use to it quick..My car feels really strong and solid when ever I drive it hard lol way less motor play going on under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thinking about getting k-tuned header and welding the slip joints, DC sports stainless or grabbing skunk 2 as its the best for power gains.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Over Ktuned, DC and Skunk2 I'd get the Skunk2. Just based on what I've read. Only reason I didn't get a skunk2 was because I didn't feel like trying my luck on hoping the skunk2 didn't have fitment issues lol. Some do, some don't. You'd have to buy a em2 sway bar if you do have fitment issues. If you don't end up getting the skunk2 just get a PLM. I went with the PLM because it was cheaper then buying the header + buying the sway bar and it performs really good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the KTuned rh for about 6 months already and I couldn’t be happier, I compared and it sounds more deeper than the skunk 2, the skunk 2 sounds nice but kinda raspy with the hks! No leaks,welding looks of good quality,zero fitment issues , my hks exhaust doesn’t hang low and I didn’t have to get longer bolts.when I was looking for a race header my options were Skunk2, KTuned or PLM, with plm you have to assemble the header and also welded bc if not you’re gonna have leaks, also the stainless looks a little bit cheaper and thin than the another 2, plus I read a lot of people complaining about the header cracking and leaking so I decided don’t get the plm, and between skunk and k tuned I didn’t wanted to have problems with the sway bar or end links also I read a LOT too and people usually call skunk 2 “junk2” lol it has to be for something right ? So I decided to go with the best route for me and it was KTuned, I read And ask people and they told me the KTuned seems of more quality so I just got the KTuned, also you can find people saying that the skunk2 gives you a little bit more of power on top end, but how we know it just depends of a lot of factors, mods, miles on the engine, driver mood...so I had a run with a 05 type s Injen cai, skunk rh and skunk cat back, my car is a 06 and has a Injen caí KTuned rh and hks exhaust , two 40 rolls and I got him for a fender in both rolls , my car has around 130 thousand miles and his is about to hit 150so...I hope this helps for something I’m not tryna be dick raiding KTuned but a lot of people complain for their parts I have the transmission cable bushings as well for like 10 months with not issues, so I’m just sharing my experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts