Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
22,279 Posts
^ i'd also like to know. are superchargers compatible with other k-series heads? (crv, tsx, etc...)

i have a base so i could get a crv block, then type-s head but a crv long block is cheaper than the type-s head alone. and i'm not looking to squeeze every ounce of power out necessarily, as i know the type-s head flows much better

· Registered
22,279 Posts
Yes, it is that simple. It will bolt onto a K20 head without an issue, the only thing you would have to change is the belt because of the height differences in the block.

What you need is the pump, a K24 oil chain and guides and a K24 pan.
To add to Chris' comments, I would offer one caveat on supercharged K24's: You will definitely not be able to the hydraulic power steering pump under the stock hood with the OEM Moss or Comptech tensioners and and I don't think the Comptech auto-tensioner will fit, either. JMercado is manufacturing his own tensioner but I don't know if fitment has been confirmed on this with the K24 block yet.

In a nutshell, hydraulic power steering may not work in the DC5 with a Roots blower.
alright cool...thanks for the info chris and erik :thumbsup:

· Registered
22,279 Posts
will i still be able to take my rpms as high as the k20a2 could and would it have the problems with clearing an oem hood
i don't have the k24 yet, so i can't answer those questions with certainty but my understanding is that it will have issues clearing an oem hood. using eps (electronic power steering....from an ep3 i think) will solve this since the power steering pump (and head, etc) will be lifted about an inch or so. but the pump is where the clearance issues with the hood seem to lie

and how high you're able to rev, i understand, is mostly dependent on the head. that's not something i'm gonig to be very concerned about when i do the frank build, though, as i currently have a k20a3 (base) and am content with my 7k rpm redline

· Registered
22,279 Posts
the power definitely is a plus specially with torque which the k20 series lacks but i just like when the tach shows 8600 rpm with kpro it just feels right and then when i get down to a car that redlines at 6k it really sucks
ya i can see what you mean

searching a bit, i found this thread: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=477646&highlight=frank+redline&page=2

posts 46, 47, 48..... say that 7500-7600 rpm is about where you want to keep your redline with a frank (without modding the oil pump)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.