Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Fast and Furious
585 Posts
Thanks, a few more questions for anyone who might know.

this is the most recent version i could find

Thanks. According to this all I'm missing is the engine mount bracket.

A few questions if anyone can help.
1- I'm using full k24a4 no hybrid. Will I need different Radiator hoses
2- will I need oil pan from a type s?
3-transmission gasket or any others?
4- I am using RBC manifold so pics or links of what water ports needs to be blocked off? Or easier to buy another RBC?

Or just introduce me to a thread or person that knows. I've been on here for 10 years so yes I've searched read and forgot by now. Kpro full bolt-ons Southwest Michigan.

My k20a3 needs work and it's cheaper for me to swap what I got than fix timing chain and water pumps only to risk further failure. Thanks Anthony.Henrickson on Instagram if you're on there.

·
Registered
420 Posts
this is the most recent version i could find

Thanks. According to this all I'm missing is the engine mount bracket.

A few questions if anyone can help.
1- I'm using full k24a4 no hybrid. Will I need different Radiator hoses
2- will I need oil pan from a type s?
3-transmission gasket or any others?
4- I am using RBC manifold so pics or links of what water ports needs to be blocked off? Or easier to buy another RBC?

Or just introduce me to a thread or person that knows. I've been on here for 10 years so yes I've searched read and forgot by now. Kpro full bolt-ons Southwest Michigan.

My k20a3 needs work and it's cheaper for me to swap what I got than fix timing chain and water pumps only to risk further failure. Thanks Anthony.Henrickson on Instagram if you're on there.
1) No you should be able to use the same ones but make sure, condition of hoses are good.

2) No type S bc the oil pump is different.

3) Transmission gasket? Who said u need to swap that? You should be able to pull one motor n jus drop the a4 in. Plus your rbc n kpro u should be good.

4) I believe a4 is the accord. So you need a uncut rbc for the coolant port on the right of the head where manifold attaches.

Attachments

·
Fast and Furious
585 Posts
Thanks.

I have seen people talk about blocking the ports off by welding shut. I might just source an uncut RBC then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a base so i could get a crv block, then type-s head but a crv long block is cheaper than the type-s head alone. and i'm not looking to squeeze every ounce of power out necessarily, as i know the type-s head flows much better

241 - 249 of 249 Posts