Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay right now i have hondata # 4 and i have the 8600 redline or was it 8400. well whichever my question here is that when i dynoed my car the peak power was around 7500-7600. after that power starts to drop. my question is if i put in the integra type r intake manifold will i be able to make power TOP END (from 7500-redline). or if that wont help can someone tell me what will help me make power until that.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
The ITR IM is not going to help very much unless you're running more aggressive cams. For instance if you had the ITR cams or Toda cams then it would help make power up top.

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just woundering, are there any dyno runs to prove that it doesnt help at all. i cant seem to find any but just woundering if you or anyone here can give me a dyno chart showing that.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
pints99 said:
The ITR IM is not going to help very much unless you're running more aggressive cams. For instance if you had the ITR cams or Toda cams then it would help make power up top.
Im gonna have to disagree on this. The manifold WILL help you top end, but not with Hondata #4. Did you happen to get an air/fuel reading when you went to the dyno? You should be making power all the way up to 7900rpms.

IF you do go ahead and get the manifold, you have two choices.
1.) You can buy the V-acf and dyno tune your car. Your gonna need to do this because you'll be running to lean above 8000rpm with the type r manifold.
2.) Go ahead and upgrade to the type r flash. You can run the type r flash with the stock cams, but obviously you'll make more power with the cams.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
SiK LiL pLaYa said:
so basically having my redline set that high really didnt do me any good.
you also have to think about after you shift, you land in a higher rpm with more hp. even if you dont gain more hp topend you dont really lose any either. example, if you're making your peak hp at 7,500 and you redline in that gear, your next gear will land closer to your peak hp ending in faster acceleration.

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
outsida said:
you also have to think about after you shift, you land in a higher rpm with more hp. even if you dont gain more hp topend you dont really lose any either. example, if you're making your peak hp at 7,500 and you redline in that gear, your next gear will land closer to your peak hp ending in faster acceleration.

that is a good point. thanks

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Also when you shift at 8600 you are making the same amount of HP at 8100 when you were stock. Shifting at 8600 gives ya low 14s while shifing at 8100 w/ Hondata will net ya high 14s. I tried it when I was bracket racing.

:D

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Theres always Sac on Saturdays for Test and Tune and you can run all freaking day. Cost twice as much but you get 2 times the amount of runs you can get in Infineon on Wednesdays.

The next big event in Sac is on April 3-4. Saturday for practice runs and Sunday for racing. Keep that in mind if you want to run your car. Costs $60 for two days...lots and lots of fun :thumbsup: . The last time I went the track was extra sticky and I must have gotten 7 runs in, more if I wanted to but I started to feel bad for the car :D .

·
Meow?
3,940 Posts
SiK LiL pLaYa said:
so basically having my redline set that high really didnt do me any good.
Only way to find out is to put her on the dyno and see where your peak power is made. Maybe it's up that high, and maybe it isn't. Way too many variables to consider... your specific combination of mods, strength of your particular engine, etc.

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
qtiger said:
Only way to find out is to put her on the dyno and see where your peak power is made. Maybe it's up that high, and maybe it isn't. Way too many variables to consider... your specific combination of mods, strength of your particular engine, etc.
done that already peak is at around 7400-7600. power starts to drop after that. the second time when i had it dynoed i did not even botherin have it go more then 8000, no point. besides i hardly take my car over 8000 now. i have not raced in the longest time but its always fun to just step on it here and there.

·
Meow?
3,940 Posts
SiK LiL pLaYa said:
done that already peak is at around 7400-7600. power starts to drop after that. the second time when i had it dynoed i did not even botherin have it go more then 8000, no point. besides i hardly take my car over 8000 now. i have not raced in the longest time but its always fun to just step on it here and there.
Well then, that extra 600 rpms isn't anything but breathing room. You should shift at your power peak.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I think you'd want to skip a lil after peak power, that way when you'll land closer to the peak power point. When shifting you want to have as little time as possible out of peak power.

·
Meow?
3,940 Posts
pints99 said:
I think you'd want to skip a lil after peak power, that way when you'll land closer to the peak power point. When shifting you want to have as little time as possible out of peak power.
Ideally you should shift at peak power and end up at peak torque. So yes, if shifting a couple hundred RPMs over peak power would put you at peak torque then you might think about it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts