Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
K20/K24 Experiment? Any new info?

i know there has always been talk and rumors about this hybrid. i was wondering if anyone has had any new information about it. Are any major manufactuers doing this project on one of their cars? just wondering. and by the way does anyone know how much you can bore a RSX block to? thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
2.4 Bottom End

I heard Top Fuel in Japan is running that already. As a matter of fact I saw that shit in Option2.

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
From Honda Tuning Mag:

One of the greatest performance features of the B series engines is the interchangeability of the parts. With some modification, you can put a VTEC head with a Type R intake manifold on a B20 block and make yourself a monster of an engine.

Is the same true for the K? Skunk2 thinks so. It's in the process of building a naturally aspirated race engine based on the Frankenstein concept. With the K20A2's high-powered VTEC head mated to the CR-V's long-stoke K24A1, Michael Choi of Skunk2 told us he hopes to create a high-revving, high-power, high-torque monster that will rip the wheels off the shop's racecar. The biggest obstacle will be the lack of off-the-shelf, high-performance parts. Anybody wishing to build up the internals of their K engine will simply have to wait for those parts to fill the pipeline.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i notice the K24 gets its power from its stroke. 99mm vs. 86mm
that is a long ass stroke for 8000rpms. what is you bored a k24 bottom end and then destroked it with shorter rods. would you not have the same power? a type-s bore is 86mm and the crv is 87mm. again how far do you guys think you can bore a type-s block to?

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
K20A2 said:
Well, I am looking at doing the Accord block with the Type-S head. I have been told that the Accord block is stronger and will work well with the Type-S head. I will be planning it out over the next couple of months and I will see what happens.
Interesting, I guess I just assumed the base engine in the new Accord was the same as the CR-V. Chris, do you know what the differences are? The specs appear to be the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.