Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just finished my motor build and i am waiting for my kpro and axels to come in.

here is what i have:

06 si head w/ s2 stage I cams
rbc w/ s2 70mm throttle body
rdx injectors
k24a4 block w/ eagle rods and je 10.0:1 pistons
acl racing bearings with special coating
KiddRacing header to 3inch exhaust with vibrant muffler
04 accord 5spd tranny
competition clutch- flywheel and stage 4 6puck clutch

my question is does anyone know about how much hp and tq i will be making???

·
More go less show
967 Posts
i just finished my motor build and i am waiting for my kpro and axels to come in.

here is what i have:

06 si head w/ s2 stage I camsrbc w/ s2 70mm throttle body
rdx injectors
04 accord 5spd tranny

The bolded items make me think youre going supercharged?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i read that but i was trying to see if anyone had a similar build just so i could have a ball park figure.

And yes i have a Kraftwerks Supercharger kit that will be installed after the break-in period is over. C36 race kit w/ precision fmic. RC 750cc injectors. I also have a stock k24a4 crank pulley, type-s and type-r crank pulley so i can pick which setup will work the best for what i will be using the car for.

·
whysayco
291 Posts
yeah i read that but i was trying to see if anyone had a similar build just so i could have a ball park figure.

And yes i have a Kraftwerks Supercharger kit that will be installed after the break-in period is over. C36 race kit w/ precision fmic. RC 750cc injectors. I also have a stock k24a4 crank pulley, type-s and type-r crank pulley so i can pick which setup will work the best for what i will be using the car for.
If you already have the kit, why are you worried about how much power you are going to be making with out it? Just go break it in and get it tuned and keep prepping for the supercharger and have a lot of fun once its installed :D

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts

So you going to port match to your 70mm throttle body? Or is it necessary with that supercharger even?

Also, that build you have so far on NA will probably net you about 230whp and 210tq (dyno jet). That's my guess anyway.

2,541 Posts

here is what i have:

06 si head w/ s2 stage I cams
rbc w/ s2 70mm throttle body
rdx injectors
04 accord 5spd tranny

Q1: How much whp is my car making??
A1: We don’t know. Sorry, but that’s the simple answer. If you really can’t afford the $40 or so to get it dynoed, we can give you a very liberal approximation if you give us an exact list of your mods, but that’s about it. As well, the number we give you could vary quite a bit from the results you ultimately get depending on what type of dyno you use. Most of the guys here will give you approximations based on what a Dynojet would measure, since it’s the most common one you’ll find in North America.
500000billion hp/ 1000000000000 lb/tq

alot of stuff come into play on a dyno. altitude, temp, humi, air intake temp so on and so on. Give you a rough bases 218hp/179 with sock cams and stock crv piston 9.6:1 (might be wrong)

·
dc5allmotor
351 Posts
nice setup

here is my setup

K24a4: 87.5 mm, CP 12.5/1 pistons, Blue print pro series H beam rods, arp rod bolts, arp head bolts, cometic head gasket

k20a2 head, Type R valve cover new valve seals, swirl polished valves, Z1 cams, ACL race bearings,

Port and polished prb intake manifold, 310 cc injectors, k20a2 crank pos sensor & knock sensor, crv timing bracket

New K20a2 oil pump, water pump, oil cooler, aluminum pan, new timing chain, and A2 tensioner,

Every single gasket and bolt replaced with oem Honda parts and New Honda belt.

Toda Flywheel, ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate w/ Exedy Street Disc

6 spd trans with OEM JDM DC5R LSD

asp header and asp 3in custom exhuat

im driving to jacksonville tomarrow to get it tuned and put on a dyno.

ill let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
in for this ^^^^^^

·
whysayco
291 Posts
here is my setup

K24a4: 87.5 mm, CP 12.5/1 pistons, Blue print pro series H beam rods, arp rod bolts, arp head bolts, cometic head gasket

k20a2 head, Type R valve cover new valve seals, swirl polished valves, Z1 cams, ACL race bearings,

Port and polished prb intake manifold, 310 cc injectors, k20a2 crank pos sensor & knock sensor, crv timing bracket

New K20a2 oil pump, water pump, oil cooler, aluminum pan, new timing chain, and A2 tensioner,

Every single gasket and bolt replaced with oem Honda parts and New Honda belt.

Toda Flywheel, ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate w/ Exedy Street Disc

6 spd trans with OEM JDM DC5R LSD

asp header and asp 3in custom exhuat

im driving to jacksonville tomarrow to get it tuned and put on a dyno.

ill let you know how it turns out.
Glad to see other shops or people starting to use all new seals and what not when they rebuild motors. So many people and even more sadly shops dont do it.

·
dc5allmotor
351 Posts
so i ran into some issues

got to jacksonville on sunday did two runs on the dyno and my vtec would not kick in. so i put down 167.9 hp with no vtec and no tune. i was little disapointed but now to get the bugs worked out and a tune by steve mase and im hopeing for at least 230hp.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got to jacksonville on sunday did two runs on the dyno and my vtec would not kick in. so i put down 167.9 hp with no vtec and no tune. i was little disapointed but now to get the bugs worked out and a tune by steve mase and im hopeing for at least 230hp.
sorry to hear that, let me know the numbers after you get the bugs fixed and retuned.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Hmmmm

The ECU will prevent VTEC engagement if:
- Oil pressure is low (plugged the counter shaft oiler, yes?)
- Coolant temp is low

Assuming those are okay, the next suspects would probably be the VTEC solenoid and wiring. Last the rocker assembly ... :dontknow:

Does K-Pro show the cam angle map changing to the High Cam map? If not, then the ECU is not trying to go into VTEC, which means the VTEC settings are incorrect in K-Pro or the Oil or Temp requirements have not been met.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts