Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Hawks
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was reading the new road and track with the new evo and new sti in it and there is an article that says the s2000 is going to be replaced by a new smaller convertible possibly called the s800 which is going to be powered by a K20 w/ RWD .

i wonder if this tranny is going to be able to bolt on our motors???

rsx w/ rear wheel drive??? could be fun

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts

·
El!t3 sm0k3r
536 Posts
There is a video online where a stock Elise Vs K20 Elise, K20 one wins, by a lot!
Yeah I think I know what vid you are talking about.. weren't they both silver? The k20 fucking owns the toyota motor, baaad. :sleep:

·
The Vapor Unit
840 Posts
any thinks to the vid and a rwd rsx would be bad ass haha

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Hey.. don't hate. :p :laughing:
Its carberated and has 8500rpm redline, gets like 45mpg on low octane gas and 17 sec. 1/4mile car.
That's pretty good I think, I'd buy it.:thumbsup:
Not to mention that ad is from the stone age...

·
k > b
1,010 Posts
if that car were to be released i doubt it'd be called the s800. first of all it's already been released and the name in the s line of cars goes by the displacement. as far as a k motor and rwd, the only way to get it working right now is to mount the engine in the rear since the k tranny is made for fwd. with custom modifications it can work in an mr (mid-mounted, rear wheel drive) type of chassis. like others have mentioned, it's been done in the elise, the ariel atom, and who can forget that mr2 spyder! but if honda were to develop a tranny for rwd purposes for the k series, that'd be amazing.

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
Um.. S800..?? are you sure?

S800..??
Noobs. Learn your history.

The Honda S2000 is a roadster manufactured by the Japanese automaker Honda Motor Company. Launched in April 1999, the car was created to celebrate the company's 50th anniversary and continues in the tradition of the company's previous lightweight roadster "S" cars, the S500, S600 and S800. Prices in the United States start at $34,250, the highest starting price of any Honda model in North America.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.