Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if u wat to swap a k20a itr into the 02 acura rsx type s wats gonna be the problems i e i heard jdm ecu wont work and jdm harness doesnt support abs any body know wat problems i might run to

·
Westside GA crew member
6,150 Posts
if u wat to swap a k20a itr into the 02 acura rsx type s wats gonna be the problems i e i heard jdm ecu wont work and jdm harness doesnt support abs any body know wat problems i might run to
just get kpro to solve that problem, and upload the k20aR.kal

·
The Turnpike Bully
2,845 Posts
You should be able to use your existing harness for the swap.

·
Formerly Trvotypes
7,220 Posts
if you have kpro then you will be fine

·
Banned
239 Posts
so i dont need the itr harness or ecu?
You need to use the jdm ecu for proper mapping.

You will use your stock harness as is.

Why would u swap a healthy k20a2 for a JDM spec K20a ?

You need to unplug the immobilizer so u won't see the green blinking key.

PRC ecu doesn't support ignition cut...only fuel pump...hence you need to ground the fuel pump. Harness is under the glove compartment. Look for a green with a yellow stripe wire. Ground it and boom.Everything should start.

Why I know? I did to my car

·
Banned
239 Posts
why the hell would jdm ecu control your abs module?

its 2 diff. harness.

PRC will cut you off at 115mph. Speed governor

·
Soup to nuts
7,171 Posts
If you use the k20a2 harness you will have two empty plugs, the type r doesn't use vtec oil pressure sensor and something else, Kpro youre ecu and use your a2 harness with a k20atyper calibration.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx alot well my k20a2 isnt healthy lol i kinda blew it so i decided to get the k20a type r but i heard a bunch of crap sayin the type r harness doesnt support abs and that i have to get my ecu k pro'd but i cant afford that right now moneys tight so i was wondering what are my options well cheapest options first then i can work on it later if anyone has any more imput let me know

·
Soup to nuts
7,171 Posts
the type r harness is also for a RHD vehical.

My a2 blew up as well, fuck the type r, its over priced and over rated, for the same prices a type r, I'm going to have a motor that shits all over it.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
thanx alot well my k20a2 isnt healthy lol i kinda blew it so i decided to get the k20a type r but i heard a bunch of crap sayin the type r harness doesnt support abs and that i have to get my ecu k pro'd but i cant afford that right now moneys tight so i was wondering what are my options well cheapest options first then i can work on it later if anyone has any more imput let me know
this happened to me too, i miss shifted haha. i got an ITR motor that i swapped in with no troubles. I bought K-Pro and used the US harness. you can easily make money off of the JDM ECU AND HARNESS. PM me if you need anyhelp or advice. i love my motor contrary to what anyone says.

·
CL7 Type-R Engine
4,144 Posts
the type r harness is also for a RHD vehical.

My a2 blew up as well, fuck the type r, its over priced and over rated, for the same prices a type r, I'm going to have a motor that shits all over it.
nah dude if you wanna go N/A the k20a is a better motor that the type-S k20a2
unless you wanna do a frank pos

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this happened to me too, i miss shifted haha. i got an ITR motor that i swapped in with no troubles. I bought K-Pro and used the US harness. you can easily make money off of the JDM ECU AND HARNESS. PM me if you need anyhelp or advice. i love my motor contrary to what anyone says.
lol thats exactly what i did the infamous from 3rd to 2nd insteadof 4th man that day sucked yea man thanx i appreciate it do i need k pro for my swap cause i dont got the dough just yet how much can i bump the itr ecu and harness? is the prc better than the prb?

·
Soup to nuts
7,171 Posts
How is the type R better, than my type S with ib rods, wesico 11.7:1 pistons and a full stage 2 brian crower head

built for the same price if not less than a type r

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How is the type R better, than my type S with ib rods, wesico 11.7:1 pistons and a full stage 2 brian crower head
calm down killer no ones putting u down im just trying to find out how to get my swap done right props for your upgrades

·
Soup to nuts
7,171 Posts
sorry, wasn't referring to your post, im talking about the person who said the only thing better than a type r was a POS Frankenstien

·
CrAfTy JdM
21,493 Posts
I did the same exact thing. I acually still have my type r harness collecting dust. K20A > K20A2:thumbsup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I did the same exact thing. I acually still have my type r harness collecting dust. K20A > K20A2:thumbsup:
I was able to sell mine for $140.00 IN k20a.org

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok im using my harness and the prc well i do my swap sunday of next week ill let yall know how it goes

1 - 20 of 34 Posts