Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I have been thinking about selling my K20z1 (if I can find a buyer near where i live of course). I wanna put K20A in my 05-s, and I'd like to hear yall opinion if I am making the right decision or not. I know I would spend at least 3,100 bucks just on intake, header, exhaust, k-pro, and some tuning for now. Why not just spend a little more and get a type R motor and drive it for a long time before putting money on modding it? Thanks everyone!!

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
Why? the k20z1 is really similar to the JDM K20A

You would spend your money more wisely on a setup with your k20z1.

k20z1 I/RH/E/K-pro will make alot more power than a stock JDM K20A

k20a makes, what? 220 at the crank? MAYBE 190 to the wheels?

the k20z1 with full bolt ons, kpro and tune will make about 220 to the wheels

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Hey everyone! I have been thinking about selling my K20z1 (if I can find a buyer near where i live of course). I wanna put K20A in my 05-s, and I'd like to hear yall opinion if I am making the right decision or not. I know I would spend at least 3,100 bucks just on intake, header, exhaust, k-pro, and some tuning for now. Why not just spend a little more and get a type R motor and drive it for a long time before putting money on modding it? Thanks everyone!!
Why not spend a little money on the motor you already have and end up with more power than the Type-R and save yourself the hassel? Why do a motor swap so that you can gain 10hp:shakehead ?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Why? the k20z1 is really similar to the JDM K20A

You would spend your money more wisely on a setup with your k20z1.

k20z1 I/RH/E/K-pro will make alot more power than a stock JDM K20A

k20a makes, what? 220 at the crank? MAYBE 190 to the wheels?

the k20z1 with full bolt ons, kpro and tune will make about 220 to the wheels
:iamwiths: K20As put out about 170ish to the wheel while the K20z1 puts out about 180ish.. I dont understand why you would want to replace an almost identical motor for money? You'd see better number from modding your K20Z1.. i dont see what the point of swapping is. :confused: Unless, I'm missing something.

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
No it's a waste of money. Z1 is a great engine. Just mod it.

·
PC Load Letter?
8,345 Posts
Pretty sure the only reason people go with the K20A is when the blow their engine or something like that. No sense in swapping if what you have no works fine. As everyone else has said - you can spend the same amount of money on any number of mods and end up with something with much much more power.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah it makes sense just to mod my current engine and get more power than the JDM. Three basic mods I/RH/E/K-pro,and tuning for my Z1 right now are like more than half the cost of the used JDM engine with maybe 15k miles. I was just trying to spend my money wisely, thats all. :) Thanks for yall opinion, guys.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts