Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so i picked up this k20a for a pretty good deal and its nice and all but when i look online at the other swaps they seeem to look a bit newer. My casing looks a bit older, and the power steering looks old, and the manifold has these imperfections on it. I know the manifolds can look like that because the roads are salty in Japan but nobodys online looks that way so im kinda pissed...i scrubbed the shit out of it with a bunch of cleaners but thats as good as it gets. Is there any way to tell how old the motor is???? or any explanations that might make me feel better ha??? I put up these pics of it and u can see the casing, the manifold, powersteering...

·
OH SNAP!
1,316 Posts
The motor looks to be in great condition for a 2002 motor. Id say a lot of that look is probably from how it was stored, but as long as you don't see calcium build up in spots your more then fine. Try using engine cleaner when you get the motor in the car and have it run for a while, it'll clean that stuff right up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i guess it kinda looks better in the pics. Its not really dirty it just looks worn or something. i could be wrong but everyday i come home and have to walk past it i just wish it was clean..

·
CL7 Type-R Engine
4,144 Posts
dude your engine look damm good ive seen many many k20r swap before i purshase mine and let me tell you that your look very nice

here is what i ended up buying

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
yeah they definitely look damn good to me! I used a lot of simple green and good old elbow grease to clean it. And then I also used eagle one wad polish.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha u guys are way to nice, ill tell u what, next person to post gets to have it for free!

I duno i got scared though, that one guy told me to check on the head for what year the motor was and i saw that it was marked PRB, and i thought PRB was everything Type-s so the last hour i was searching like crazy and finally figured out hte type r head also says PRB. wierd..By the way that motor u have pictures of is way cleaner than mine. what year is it??

·
CL7 Type-R Engine
4,144 Posts
my engine is an k20R from an accord type-R it has an rbc manifold already and it's an 05

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
sorry to bust your balls, but i don't see the power steering unit anywhere on your motor. and PrZ, that would be a K24 not a K20.

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
sorry to bust your balls, but i don't see the power steering unit anywhere on your motor. and PrZ, that would be a K24 not a K20.
Look at the blue writing on the IM... it starts of with K20A. I am thinking it's a K20A with the RBC installed aftermarket.

i guess it kinda looks better in the pics. Its not really dirty it just looks worn or something. i could be wrong but everyday i come home and have to walk past it i just wish it was clean..
You could use a dremel with polish and get it all polished up and looking super clean. I've seen someone do it before and that was the cleanest motor I've every seen in my life! Cleaner then brand new cars in the show-room.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
i know, i'm just simply stating what it would be if he got it out of an accord R

Reactions: LOW TRQ

·
DC5 Krew
2,827 Posts
yea it looks pretty clean just from the pics

1 - 20 of 28 Posts