Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 honda civic with the k20a swap. Well first off i know this is an rsx forum so if im not allowed to be here i understand. You can see pictures of the swap here: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/629769

A question I had though i was reading the boards last night and people were saying to get a CAI and then the K-pro or reflash. When I got the swap my ecu had to be reflashed so the engine would work. My question is can i still get the K-pro or is there tuning that I need to do. Im not sure please help.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
:iamwiths:

That motor is a K20A2, and you can get K-Pro.

Welcome to the boards, we certainly welcome our friends with K motors.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Reborn said:
heres the break down for ya:

k20a - dc5 integra type r (not sold in the states)
k20a2 - type s rsx
k20a3 - base rsx
the dc5 itr whole car itself not sold by honda corp. but sold by other private importer vendors

k20a engine sold all over the place including ebay

but ya you should be able to get kpro

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i VieTEC said:
Did you reflash the ecu so that it would work with your civic immobolizer? Give Hondata a call and see what they can do.

www.hondata.com

welcome
It was flashed by hondata but yeah ill give them a call.
And to correct myself to make you all happy i have a K20A2. :)

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
k20aSwap said:
It was flashed by hondata but yeah ill give them a call.
And to correct myself to make you all happy i have a K20A2. :)
They should give you a good deal for an upgrade. Normally if you have a Hondata reflash, they only charge 500 instead of 1000.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Discounts are always a plus. But about my question with the VAFC II will that have to be removed?

Also I would like to do some mods to the engine.
I have a 20$ air intake and a vafc II and thats it
I have a evo 2 muffler but not a full cat.

I ordered headers and an aem fuel rail but im sure im doing something wrong cause i think im wasting money on parts that arent gonna do much and im going for the whole N/A idea.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
K-Pro is all you'll need for tuning. VAFCII is not needed if you have K-Pro. AEM fuel rail is not needed also, I've heard more harm than good from them. Alot of boosted Type S are using stock fuel rail, appearantly they flow every well. A race header would be nice to add to your K20A2, although I don't know how your engine sits in the engine bay and the way civic exhaust is routed. Nice car by the way

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
the fuel rail probably wont do any harm, but the only benefit you get from it usually is that it looks pretty. i'd sell the vafcII b/c you wont need it, and you can make up some of the $ from hondata. and i beleive they are making headers for your type of swap (for k20a2) that will get some niiice gains so i'd check into it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
k20aSwap said:
Discounts are always a plus. But about my question with the VAFC II will that have to be removed?

Also I would like to do some mods to the engine.
I have a 20$ air intake and a vafc II and thats it
I have a evo 2 muffler but not a full cat.

I ordered headers and an aem fuel rail but im sure im doing something wrong cause i think im wasting money on parts that arent gonna do much and im going for the whole N/A idea.
-Get rid of the $20 intake and either put your stock back on or throw on a CAI (AEM, DC, INJEN, all the same..)
-Get rid of the VAFC II and get K-Pro.
-Get rid of the EVO 2 Muffler and if you want to you can get a Race Header + Any full catback exhaust of your choice, alot of people prefer Fujitsubo and Greddy EVO. (If you don't want a race header, just keep the stock.)
-What's the point of a fuel rail when you are not drastically increasing the air, as well as pump/injector efficiency? Really now.. stock is decent enough, anything else is a waste of money.
-Good Suspension > Good Power ;)
-Brakes are a good investment.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Sousuke said:
Yeh, as long as your engine code doesn't have a 3 at the end of it :thumbsdow
I welcome the K20A3 as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the potential of the K20A or K20A2. Thus, it's hard to talk about. But there's no reason people can't research and discuss the K20A3 just like the A and A2.

Vote Glimpse for N/A Forum Moderator! :blah:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.