Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 base RSX with JDM K20a Swap / 6 speed LSD transmission - TRUE Sleeper

Less expensive car insurance than a type S and way faster....

Brand New cross drilled/slotted rotors and new brake pads all the way around installed on 3/31/07... Also brand new tires on the front installed 3/31/07 .... Also oil change on 3/31/07... 100% treads on front tires and about 40% on the rear tires...

Interior

tan leather swap
Skunk 2 weighted shift Knob
Pioneer DEH 85MP
(2) 12" Kicker Comp VR's subwoofers
Kicker KX600.1 amp
Raptor Performance Shift Light (Not installed)
type S gauge Cluster, base had 62,596 when pulled, type S had 61,010 when installed
Revo Short Shifter

Exterior

Authentic Mugen front bumper $1300 before paint(minor fiberglass damage)
JDM Headlights (replica)
Carbon Images Carbon Fiber Hoood
Aspec Sideskirts
Aspec Rear lip (scratches underneath)
Tinted
18" 5zigen RX6's (5th full size spare)
Eibach Springs
Stock front bumper w/ Aspec front lip (spare in good shape)
XTEC 5300K HID's

Under the Hood

k20a swap, purchased with 13,000 miles, about 21,000 now (66k on chassis)
ITR tranny, 4.7FD, LSD
Mugen Headgasket
Kpro
Fujita Cold air intake
DCRH
GReddy Evo2

This setup is putting down between 210-220 WHP and revs up to 9k strong...

The motor was given a full valve job from King Motorsports upon purchase in May 2006 when the Mugen headgasket was installed.

Also, a brand new primary and secondary O2 sensor was installed with the swap on 5/14/2006.

Other Notes

Just like any car that is daily driven there are defects to the car. Door ding, curb rash on rims, scratches, etc... The car is worth what Im selling it for, if not more... Im guessing a nice buff and wax with take care of most of the defects. Also, I use to smoke about 6 months ago, and there is a cigarette burn in the driver side leather seat, and on the rear seat and also a little on the door panel... (don't drink, drive, and smoke)

Contact me @ [email protected] or 608 385 8312 ... thanks.

Don't forget car, system, spare full size 18" wheel, spare bumper w/ ASPEC lip, and if you need a laptop and want to finance it in with the car I can include it for cheap. It's a Dell Inspiron 9300 w/ 17" LCD screen, 2yr warranty, DVD burner, 80gb HDD, etc...

I have included pics of the car with the Mugen bumper...

I have about $13,000 into this car since I bought it for $12000, with $5500 in the motor swap alone...

PLEASE NOTE:

This car has the K20A swap from the Honda Integra type R from Japan.

HP 220 @ 8000RPM
Torque 152 lb/ft @ 7000 RPM
Redline 8400 RPM
Bore 86mm
Stroke 86mm
Comp Ratio 11.5:1
Displacement 1998cc
Specific output 110HP/L

·
She dirty
2,741 Posts
I'm very interested, would you drive halfway to chicago? I'll PM you as well.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have family in Mauston, WI ... which is like 70miles South of Madison... thats probably the farthest I would go because I would have to arrange a ride back and forth and what not...

plus I have lots of extras I might not be able to fit all in the car...

·
She dirty
2,741 Posts
I think we could work something out if you wouldn't mind the drive. hit me up on aim... jesussaves4024 (i'll explain that later)

·
She dirty
2,741 Posts
hey sorry i had my away message on cuz i was making food, but i guess away messages dont show unless you have the person on your buddy list. i added you now, i'll be heading out for a few hours but i'll be on later this evening. or if you want you can just call me 773-351-3803 -mike

edit: just talked to ya... my dad said he'd like to talk to you but he wants to wait till hes back in his office in chicago. we'll be in touch

·
She dirty
2,741 Posts
bump for you. just waiting for my dad to get back into town... then we're gonna get serious about it. hopefully i'll be giving you another call tomorrow night.

·
She dirty
2,741 Posts
lol me to man, me too.... i'm waiting for my dad to get a hold of me. if he doesn't call me by tomorrow night i'll bug him first.

·
She dirty
2,741 Posts
bump for you because i have a question.. did you use the jdm harness and ecu because i remember you saying something about the abs not working because of the swap. i looked around on here and people have said that if you use the USDM harness and a k-pro'ed ecu then everything will work like normal

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
damn man...i'm tempted to sell mine for 15 and buy yours lol.... wish you were still rocking mugen

I still have it... it just needs to be repaired...

bump for you because i have a question.. did you use the jdm harness and ecu because i remember you saying something about the abs not working because of the swap. i looked around on here and people have said that if you use the USDM harness and a k-pro'ed ecu then everything will work like normal

Yea... you can buy a k20a2 wiring harness and ABS will work fine... but you would have to rewire everything through the firewall and all that shit...

When I did the swap I didnt have Kpro, I only had the stock ECU, and extra cash to fix something I didnt care about...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts