Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
One more thing! I used the JDM A/C compressor when i did my swap just because I've had shit luck with several expensive branded replacement compressors in many different type vehicles over the years. But lately ive been testing the difference in acceleration with and without the A/C running. Holy shit! it accelerates much faster without the AC on. i couldnt believe the difference. But it's SOOOOOO fukin hot in Louisiana. I guess I'll just have to lose the horsepower.

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,204 Posts
But lately ive been testing the difference in acceleration with and without the A/C running. Holy shit! it accelerates much faster without the AC on. i couldnt believe the difference. But it's SOOOOOO fukin hot in Louisiana. I guess I'll just have to lose the horsepower.
For sure man! Here is the dyno plot of the A/C power drain:
https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=646778
it's like 10-12 ft-lbs, which can be like nearly 10% if you're stock!

·
Registered
4 Posts
type r 4,5,6 only different. 5k , u can get k24a2. and build ur usdm tranny with new carbon synchros. and order type r 4,5 gears. , but if u going to turbo, keep those usdm gears , and for final drive get 02-04 type s 4.3 final gear, not the 05-06 4.7, better for turbo or k24 set up so u can benefit the new higher TQ you can do it at your garage or just write on Google towing service near me get service and make fix from official service center of car.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.