Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much h.p would u make with a K20A Type R motor with The Cn Stage I turbo kit and the Toda N2 Engine Kit?? Im thinkin about buying the K20A motor. And what ecu should i run?? Hondata?? or AEM Plug 'n' Play program. Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
not much more than a type s with the same mods. toda and the type r engine mods ( intake manifold,exhaust manifold) are naturally aspirated mods, they don't benefit a turbo engine hardly at all. the only benefit to going with k20A is the higher compression (can be good and bad) and i've heard the have stronger rods as well.

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
with boost you would want lower compression pistons
I don't know if I'd trust those high comp. pistons with some boost IMO

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree. With a turbo you benefit from lower compression pistons. The Toda kits and Type R manifold/hearders/exhauts are designed to sqeeze the most power out of the K20A without turbo.

It's apples and oranges.

·
Registered
437 Posts
you dont benefit from lower compression. it is only safer. you run less risk of detonation. identically turbocharged cars with diff compressions, the one that has higher compression will always make more power provided you have not exceeded the timing advance.

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
lowering compression is a HUGE benefit! its a lot safer to run lower compression with high boost (15psi+) than high compression with low boost. and its easier to make more horses that way too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
437 Posts
you must have missed the part of my thread where i said it was safer.
I geuss it depends how you look at it. lowering your compression is safer but at the cost of lost horsepower. the ideal situation is high boost and high compression. but also tuning this setup correctley is critical. sure with lower compression, higher boost is easier to accomplish. its a lot like retarding timing. you reduce engine knock and detonation risk, but you still want it as advanced as possible without breaking those thresholds. same thing with boost, you want the highest possible boost with the high possible compression the engine can hanldle for maximum power.

http://www.hondalife.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=14&page=3
pay special attention to the second to last sentence

1 - 8 of 8 Posts