Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
yea, huge pia.....remember, hot cams = tunning = kpro.....so plan on the $900+ 600 + for tuning. Also remember an old hotroders rule...unless you are increasing compression or uping the rpm limit by more than 1000 rpm, never expect more than 14% increase from cams.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
it has been done but it isn't something that I would do a budget. You can't just make this change and make power, you need a programmable ECU at the very least.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
but have u guys see it done it has dose it run cuz i want to do a swap or this but am tight on money
Yea, you will need a kpro + a tune and the car will drive like junk down low because you are just running on the high cam.....If you are on a budget....do you have all the bolt ons? cai,cat back, header?? If not get those first as they will make any na mods down the road work better.....you might want to get the rsx cai, it has larger tubbing.

If you really want cams on the cheep...think about a stage one, it will work with the stock ecu and valve springs.

·
2005 SSM
648 Posts
the car will drive like junk down low because you are just running on the high cam
^this.

i recently did this swap and unless you are willing to dish out funds for kpro and spend time tuning i would go another route.

however, i like this set-up so far. i went with the a2 valvetrain as well. if you are looking for anything more aggressive than a stage 1 this is a good option.
You can make power, but at a cost to daily driving.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How much can be made at the wheels with necessary bolt ons and an upgraded a3 cam (say stage 1) with a tune? roughly of course...

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
max I have seen is in the 170's whp.....thats about what a a2 does stock

1 - 10 of 10 Posts