Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a million threads on if this was a good idea or not, can't fully find a definitive how-to. Everywhere ive searched pointed to the original thread How to get A2 cams to work in an A3 Head

Unfortunately the thread is over 15 years old, so no pictures or anything.

I'm not making this thread to ask if it's a good idea, ive made up my mind already. I have an 04 Base manual and setting it up as an Auto-X car.

I have type S cams and rocker assembly already. I want VTEC to be like stock A2 VTEC. Not interested in any VTEC killer setups.

I have upgraded valve springs waiting to be installed, along with a type S oil pump. I have KPro, ported PRB intake manifold, skunk 2 70mm TB, injen CAI, Hondata IMG.

I would like to know exactly how to setup the rocker pins for OEM VTEC.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
You can't have stock A2 vtec without swapping the head. The A3 lacks lost motion assemblies for the big lobe to ride on. The best you could do is exactly how it's stated in that thread you posted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't have stock A2 vtec without swapping the head. The A3 lacks lost motion assemblies for the big lobe to ride on. The best you could do is exactly how it's stated in that thread you posted.
The original post was about switching some pins around to get around the lost motion assembly issue.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The original post was about switching some pins around to get around the lost motion assembly issue.
Correct, but it's still not going to be true vtec. You will still have 1 valve fully opening, with the other partially opening. You will still benefit from the more aggressive cam profile as well as having the reliability of Honda cams. If you go to that thread, there were links to videos for the A2 and A3 that show you how vtec operates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts