Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So before I get into my question - I do know the swap has been done and I’ve done a lot of reading up on it the last few weeks but I haven’t really been able to find an answer in regards to the immobilizer and I’d just like some reassurance.

I have an 03 base but will be swapping an a2 into the car in the very near future and then boosting later on. Reading through a lot of the threads I seen that the harness is interchangeable between the a3 and a2 & that I can continue using the a3 ecu as long as I get Kpro. Now, what seems more convenient to me in the moment is just getting an a2 ecu as well to make the car functional sooner rather than later.

So is it as straight forward as just swapping out the motor, ecu and reprogramming the key? Or will I encounter any issues surrounding the base’s immobilizer? I read in one of the threads that someone had swapped out the base immobilizer with an S immobilizer but that was the most I was able to find regarding it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Coming back to the post on my pc, I see that I did post this in the wrong place. When I posted last night from my phone it didn't show me in the description that this was for k swaps other than RSX.

So I do apologize for that

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, thank you!

The more reading I did the more I started to lean towards that route.

Appreciate the input!

:fistbump:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts