Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a base rsx and it is hard to find a header specific to the k20a3. so I was wondering if any k20 header would fit only k20a3. I know some wouldn't line up to my base exhaust but I can get a type s catback instead.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I'm pretty sure the only difference is how it bolts up to the cat back. The head flange is the same.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The motor shape is the exact same so you can bolt on any type s race header to a base as well. My source: I have a skunk2 alpha which fits all RSX models and trim levels.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would look into getting a Type-S Race header with a Type-S catback. That will fit your K20A3 perfectly. Keep note that with the race header, you will need to worry about engine movement and possibly breaking during hard launches and deceleration with the sway bar. To fix that issue you will need stiffer mounts (I recommend Hard Race) or a engine torque mount.

If you don't want to deal with that, get a test pipe, DC sports shorty header, and the Type-S Catback. They say you won't see much gains with the shorty header but then again you won't have to worry about cabin vibrations or breaking your exhaust. If you're not getting K-Pro and dynoing your car, this would be the least headache route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts