Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was talking to hondata about the release of this and i guess in a month they are releasing one for the K20A3 but it is for the Civic Si/SiR. So i asked about one for our cars the base rsx and there responce was "We may release the K-Pro for the base RSX at a later date." ... so everyone go bug hondata about this show them that we want one! Fully Tune-able ECU come on people we could get rid of the CEL for race headers, raise redline plus awhole lot more i think this could really benefit our cars especially if cams ever come out!

Just letting you all know...

D

·
doing stuff
4,547 Posts
RiordensRSX said:
Have any of you gotten hondata for you base 5 speed yet? If you did do you think it was worth it?
I love mine. Couldn't wipe off the grin after I got it back. Nice gain throughout rpm range and smooths everything out. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
479 Posts
From what I was told, the only way you could get hondata is from an authorized dealer such as ClubRSX, but they won't be able to do the flashing themselves.

From what I was told and ended up doing was taking out the ecu & immobilizer, send it to an authorized dealer along with a key and hondata form. Then you wait until you get it back in the mail. Hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow or Thursday.

Only the Programmable ECU's can be installed and tuned at an authorized dealer, from my knowledge anyway. Anyone disagree?

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah the ecu's can be installed and tuned at an authorized dealer, not clubrsx.com though cuz they are a website of course. But i think the way to have the most fun with it is to do it yourself. If you're not gonna do it yourself then just get the reflash and be done with it cuz a shop is gonna do a piss poor job cuz they just want to get your car out of their shop and they're gonna charge you a grip in the process. I heard someguy say he had to pay like 500 bucks just to get it tuned. not worth it to me

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i tottally agree!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.