Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 2006 rsx type s. And recently it broke down on me.. after doing some looking into it. I found that i bent my valves. Well my budget is not very much, so i was kind of going to be carless for a while. A buddie of mine had a k20a3 sitting at his place that he pulled from an ep3. And he let me have it im wondering if i can use the k20a3 to rebuild my k20z1 or if i can straight drop it in? I mainly want to get her back on the road. But i really dont want to downgrade the car 馃槀

Registered
It鈥檒l work totally fine with either option. Doing a straight swap is the quickest and easiest. You won鈥檛 notice a difference due to the 6 speed, except in the top end. The a3 has stronger internals than people make it out to be, so it鈥檒l handle high rpm鈥檚 no problem.

Registered
I'm doing the same thing with 2003 rsx type-s bought as a shell I'm using a k20a but with 5-speed transmission.
Interested to see if anyone else has done this? also mine will have RBC intake manifold. I'd like to know about ECU and anyone have any input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts