Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying I’m no nub, even though I feel I know the answer I’m unsure. I have a opportunity to purchase a k20z1 intake camshaft w/ the VTC gear. I tried searching and did come up with some helpful information but I just need things to be clear. Should I go ahead and get the exhaust cam also or leave the factory k20a2? My vehicle is a 2003 RSX-S with CAI, DCRH, INVIDIA EX, PRC IM, and a hondata reflash. Thanks everyone and I’m a reasonable man so a lil flaming here and there won’t chap my buns👍

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
If you are not interested in getting Kpro and a tune it's really not worth it. You will make a couple more HP for a cam swap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are not interested in getting Kpro and a tune it's really not worth it. You will make a couple more HP for a cam swap.
I am definitely upgrading to Kpro, gotta love the upgrade option if you have a reflash. Honestly I don’t really want to “mod” my car anymore after this, just maintaining it and giving her love will suffice. It’s a measly $50 for the cam with the vtc gear so my Kpro funds aren’t taking a hit. Also a figured I might as well get a new TCT while the ole girl is getting her operation. Anyone else have any other input?

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
I am definitely upgrading to Kpro, gotta love the upgrade option if you have a reflash. Honestly I don’t really want to “mod” my car anymore after this, just maintaining it and giving her love will suffice. It’s a measly $50 for the cam with the vtc gear so my Kpro funds aren’t taking a hit. Also a figured I might as well get a new TCT while the ole girl is getting her operation. Anyone else have any other input?
A valve adjustment, new TCT and call it good.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Back from the dead...

Get Kpro and
Use PRC or K20z1 intake cam & 04 or 06-08 K24a2 exhaust cam ( same exhaust cam ). Many say this is the oem best combo for a 2.0L

·
Registered
6 Posts
Back from the dead...

Get Kpro and
Use PRC or K20z1 intake cam & 04 or 06-08 K24a2 exhaust cam ( same exhaust cam ). Many say this is the oem best combo for a 2.0L
Hey I was wondering if the Z1 intake cam & 06-08 tsx exhaust cam would still be the best oem cam combo if I’m doing a K20Z1/K24A2 build? Tia

1 - 8 of 8 Posts