Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm pretty new to this K-series but did a lot of researches already and now just need to know what kind of clutch and flywheel can I use or get on the 05 type-s tranny onto the 04 K24a2 LongBlock?? also I'm going to need a New Serpentine belt too so jus wanted to see if I needed to swap out any pumps A/C, PowerSteering, ect. & If I do swap out the pumps which Serpentine Belt should I get??? I keep on seeing you can use it oh you can't so should I swap out my Intake Manifolds or Throttle Bodies on my K24a2 LongBlock into my 05 Dc5?? Final can I use my same 05 engine harness:D, will plug in mostly or go with what else?? I have the two complete motors with harnesses here & jus need this last help to finish this swap??? Anyone With Experience Already Thanks

·
Acura Parts Dept.
581 Posts
For clutch a stage 2 would be nice. Brand is up to you. For flywheel oem is fine. Just get it resurfaced.

Not really sure on the belts. If you delete power steering and a/c you can use that guide as a reference. The belt size will vary slightly because of the size of the crank pulley. If you're just replacing them your k20 ones will bolt right up. Make sure to use a tsx serpentine belt.

Stock rbb is good enough. You will enjoy low/mid torque from it. You will need to use your k20 throttle body and get get an adapter for it. You can find that adapter in kseriesparts.com or karcepts.

If using the 05-06 trans you will need to use the existing harness for it as the sensors are different than 02-04.

Hope you already have kpro/conversion harness/ 02-04 primary o2

Good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright Sounds good than guess I'm gonna go with Excedy k20z1 clutch kit stage 2 & for my pumps I was just checking to see if I needed to change it over from my k20z1 but guess not, so I guess ill jus run everything on the k24a2, jus with a new belt and a few sensors changed. For my intake manifold will leave it stock and with my S throttle body and adapter from karcepts & so I'll jus use my same harness off my k20z1 with a conversion for kpro & a 02-04 primary 02 that's it for my Go!!! Thanks A lot Silver Knight will holla backs when running!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea that's what I was doing, because I was comparing sensors and plugs and notice it is different so after this ill run with the k24z2 serpentine belt. Thanks

·
Acura Parts Dept.
581 Posts
Yea that's what I was doing, because I was comparing sensors and plugs and notice it is different so after this ill run with the k24z2 serpentine belt. Thanks
:thumbsup:

also, the knock sensor should be different (both size and plug) so you may have to either depin your z1 harness and switch the plugs or cut and splice. the choice is yours. remember to switch out the sensor for the crank pulley as well. its held in by 1 10mm bolt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts