Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

K24 Auto into DC5/RSX Base model Manual 5 speed

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BWAAAAAAAAAHHHHH 
#1 ·
Hey guys
From Australia, would use DC5 aussie forums, but they seem to be dead lol
Sorry for making another thread if this is something that can be answered easily, will delete if it is.
Also apologies if I'm asking a stupid question.

Got a 2002 DC5/RSX Base Model K20A3 / 5 Speed
Looking to purchase a K24A3 (which would be the K24A2 for you guys) to swap into the DC5 (this will be a process over the span of 2-3 years, so no rush), it's originally an automatic. If I just pull off the automatic gearbox, will the RSX 5 speed slap right on? I'm sticking with the 5 speed as turbo will be considered in the future.

Also what clutch/flywheel am I supposed to get? (full RSX C/F? OR like RSX Clutch and TSX/Accord Flywheel?)

What else would I need?
  • KPro (Will I be able to use this on the RSX PND ECU with the K24? So long as I upload the map for it right?)
  • K24 RSX Headers w/ RSX catback exhaust
  • Intake (does the RSX intake fit?)

LONG TERM Project, so money isn't exactly an issue, I just wanna build an engine.

See less See more
#2 ·
  1. You will need KPro or something comparable (Haltech, KTuner, etc.) that is compatible with the 2002 Integra
  2. Utilize the RSX clutch, flywheel, and associated bolts. You should just be able to unbolt the automatic torque plate and bolt your flywheel on, or upgrade to Type-S/ITR components, as long as the clutch and flywheel match trim level.
  3. K24 specific header is useful, you should be able to bolt up any Type-S/ITR exhaust to the options available on the market (PLM, K-Tuned, etc)
  4. The intake will not fit, the K24 RBB head does not have the intake bracket provisions like the K20A/K20A3 cylinder head does. You will need to get some sort of short ram intake or cold air intake.

#5 ·
Thanks, I did some more searching after posting this. Should definitely check out this post ^^^^, helped a lot of other questions I didn't ask here.

Learnt that the K20A3 uses the 50 degree VTC and the same oil pump as the Type S, these were parts that I were looking for to throw into the K24. Shaved off a couple parts needed off the build list.

Think this is my buildlist for the swap, as it stands.

• KPRO ✔
  • RBC Intake Manifold ✔
  • Hasport Engine Mounts + Hardrace front engine mount ✔
  • 50 Degree VTC ✔
  • Type S Oil Pump ✔
  • Fuel Rail
  • Type S or Aftermarket throttle body | + the adapter to fit onto the RBC
  • Upgraded Clutch with a lightweight flywheel
  • TSX (Accord Euro) Upper radiator hose
  • Thicker Core Radiator (Optional, when I bought the RBC off someone they were saying it hits their radiator? Went and googled afterwards, seems alright?)
  • Serviceable components like seals and tensioners on the engine and transmission
  • Branded Sidewinder header pipe (like PLM) for Turbo Kit (Optional)
  • Turbo kit (was looking at a kit that you can buy everything, turbo, header, downpipe to mid pipe etc) Was looking to have a kit capable of more than 600hp, but downtune it to like 300-400 just so I can ease myself into it (trying to set myself on like a learning curve with power?) and reliability.

I believe everything excluding the Type S Oil Pump and Turbo kit (depending on which one I go for) are bolt on (no custom work).
Feel free to throw ideas/parts or let me know of anything I should/shouldn't do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.