Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im putting a k24 in my type s and wondering how it would work with the stock k20 ecu if it could damage the engine what not or should i pick up a tsx ecu....by the way im going to get kpro but thats 1000 dollars later lol

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
K-Pro is the answer, neither ECU will work correctly. The Type-S will allow the car to run but it can't handle the increase in displacement and you will probably run into fuel and timing issues. The TSX won't work at all because of different wiring, drive-by-wire, etc.

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
In addition, the increased rev limit of the RSX ECU is too high for a stock K24. You run the risk of over-revving and damaging the K24.

5,021 Posts
depending on which K24 for the swap and the year&trim of your RSX,

you should be able to run stock:

-K24A1 with a CR-V manual ecu (great for 2002-2004 5speed rsx)

-K24A4 with an Accord manual ecu (same thing).

-K24A4 with an older Element manual ecu (for 2005-2006 5speed rsx).
the revised Element's received drive-by-wire. both cars seem to have the same speed sensor. check links below on the footnote sections on what I mean.

-for K24 swaps on an type-S, k-pro is mandatory. the 6speed gearings and no reverse lockout will be troublesome for the above three ecu's mention to handle.

http://hondata.com/kpro0506.html

http://hondata.com/kpro_element.html

5,021 Posts
no need for a k24 ecu w/ k-pro. type-S ecu with k-pro is recommended. base ecu with k-pro can work but you will not have reverse lock out (ie. you can throw it in reverse and gear grind). make sure which k-pro you are getting for your car (2002-2004 or 2005-2006 with adapter harness. and no, you can't use one on the other years because of emission and speed sensor issues).

5,021 Posts
just use the ecu that came with your car and send it to hondata. you'll need to fill out an information form anyway, so they'll k-pro your ecu to what it needs to be.

·
Super Moderator
23,685 Posts
I'm using the k20z1 ecu with hondata k-pro and just used one of the base map calibrations from hondata to run my k24. Then went and tuned it at a shop

·
Registered
146 Posts
im putting a k24 in my type s and wondering how it would work with the stock k20 ecu if it could damage the engine what not or should i pick up a tsx ecu....by the way im going to get kpro but thats 1000 dollars later lol
your car would run with the k20 ecu on your k24 swapped rsx because that's what im doing right now but it's not good for your car because it makes your car run lean, and you dont feel the full potential power and it's unsafe because it doesnt have a rev limiter.. because as you know the k24 redlines at 7100 and the k20 ecu is made to redline at 8100 so yeha....i have beeen runnin my k20 ecu on my k24 swapped rsx for like a a month now because i didnt have the money after the swapp but i cant beat on it or anytthing crazy because it's not good for the car but i finally got the money and going to get it on monday...but yeah get kpro asap or else you wouldnt feel satisfied

1 - 13 of 13 Posts