Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K so my friend is selling me his type s head for 300 bucks, which im gonna slap on to a k24a1 block, my question. is does it just bolt straight up or is there like any oil lines ima have to add or anything like that. I dont think you do but just too make sure.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have an additional question. im new to the ep3 and im looking into doing the k24 swap would the k20a3 head be a horrible idea to keep, would i want to go to a k20a2? I've read about some Frankenstein creations out there but im not to sure what would be the best idea. I had a rsx and know thats what is mostly done. just curious.

·
576hp/506tq FTW
489 Posts
a3 head is ok, but not the best... if you want to keep teh "economy v-tec" go with the k24a1... the head is the same as the a3, but flows better... if you want "performance" part of the vtec, go with the k24a1 block and a type s head... hit up henhousesurprise for more info on that swap... he's got one done in his ride...

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
I have an additional question. im new to the ep3 and im looking into doing the k24 swap would the k20a3 head be a horrible idea to keep, would i want to go to a k20a2? I've read about some Frankenstein creations out there but im not to sure what would be the best idea. I had a rsx and know thats what is mostly done. just curious.
The k24a1 and k24a2 are the only k24's a k20 head would fit on...all the other k24 bottomends will not work as the releafs in the pistions will hit the k20 heads....and yes, the th20a3 head sucks flow wise, do not use it.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
K so my friend is selling me his type s head for 300 bucks, which im gonna slap on to a k24a1 block, my question. is does it just bolt straight up or is there like any oil lines ima have to add or anything like that. I dont think you do but just too make sure.
hi, yep, it bolts right up. you will need a2 oil pump, k24 head gasket and chain, a2 oil pump chain thats all i can remember right now. as long as your oging with all OEM stuff you should be fine with that.
i mean if you just want a lil more hp and tq go for it man, a3 ehad on k24.

and jae's right you will always need a GOOD tune =):thumbsup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
thanks for the help

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
you will also need crv passenger side mount. sorry. but if you have k24a1 ide think about a2 head....find one for cheap? it will be worth the wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts