Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bossin
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I'm still kinda new with the k24 path. First I wanted to plan to do some kind of f/i but there's something about all motor that makes me wanna stay this route but I had some questions. First of all I am fully bolted and tuned. My mods are megan rh/rbc/injen cai/05 exh/img/kpro. Numbers are currently 216whp/147tq.

1. If I do a k24 bottom end swap (stock bottom internals) and retune what should I expect for numbers? I know it is mainly for torque but I was wondering if it would contribute some hp also.

2. Is it necessary to rebuild/upgrade the bottom end internals if they are already in good shape? I plan to go brian crower stage 2 cams w/ the valvetrain and injectors but not until in the future. ( I know a lot of people are just gonna tell me to get everything done at once but I'd like to just take it one step at a time)

3. If I should just rebuild the internals since I plan to do stg 2 cams which pistons / compression should I look into?

4. After everything is done what whould the k24 bottom end with brian crower stg 2 cams put me down for numbers around?

Thanks guys. I tried to be as decriptive as possible.

·
staxx
814 Posts
i've seen some people with a stock k24a2 bolted and tune put down around 250 hp and around 170ish tq? (just a rough guess)

you loose rpms but the torque should more than make up for it, that was the case for me

if you wanna go all motor and stay all motor, i'd say shoot for 12.5, but if your building it for boost down the road maybe less, it really depends on where you wanna go with the build

check this out...http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54746&highlight=k24a2

its all stock block k24a2s, some are making awesome power

·
Mangekyou Sharingan!
2,433 Posts
Hey guys I'm still kinda new with the k24 path. First I wanted to plan to do some kind of f/i but there's something about all motor that makes me wanna stay this route but I had some questions. First of all I am fully bolted and tuned. My mods are megan rh/rbc/injen cai/05 exh/img/kpro. Numbers are currently 216whp/147tq.

1. If I do a k24 bottom end swap (stock bottom internals) and retune what should I expect for numbers? I know it is mainly for torque but I was wondering if it would contribute some hp also.

2. Is it necessary to rebuild/upgrade the bottom end internals if they are already in good shape? I plan to go brian crower stage 2 cams w/ the valvetrain and injectors but not until in the future. ( I know a lot of people are just gonna tell me to get everything done at once but I'd like to just take it one step at a time)

3. If I should just rebuild the internals since I plan to do stg 2 cams which pistons / compression should I look into?

4. After everything is done what whould the k24 bottom end with brian crower stg 2 cams put me down for numbers around?

1. More power across the board lower in the rpm's

2. No, but if you plan to rev above 8k yes.

3. Max on pump is 12.5.1, I choose 12.1 since I dd my car a helluva lot

4. k24 stock bottom would be at best around 250 on your TYPICAL dyno jet....high compression at least 260...

2,542 Posts

1.) you shouldnt see much of a hp gain on top end hp but a decent gain across your power-band also you'll see a huge torque difference. my k24/k20 # 218hp/180tq.

2.) Not need if you dont have the money. It up to you.

3.) like everyone stated above

4.) If you plan to leave the internal stock right now the k24a2(tsx) block alittle higher compression. but those are like 2k+ if you plan to upgrade the internal you might as well go for the crv k24a1 or the accord k24a4. With the accord usually the cheaper one you have to swap out rods and piston. Stock internal wont work with the k20a2/z1 head. So if you plan to build the internal y not go for the k24a4 since you already need to pull the internal out and save some cash. If your not going to build right away crv would be best bet. usually a grand cheaper then the k24a2 block.

·
Got Juice??
792 Posts
what are the two k24 blox that will ? bec i have a k24a2 block on the way and i was gonna do stock internals will it just bolt up without diff pistons ?
Like said above the A1 and A2 blocks will accept the Type S head. IMO since you have a stright K24a2 motor just stick with that and dont worry about swapping heads (they are almost identical) and maybe buy a clutch and flywheel instead. :thumbsup:

Edit: Just seen you said block, I thought you had a K24a2 on the way lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts