Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone put a s2000 crank in a k24 block yet???what lenght rod do i use???what is the pin hieght on the piston that is needed??

·
Registered
811 Posts
Are you talkin about the new 90.7mm crank from a new 2.2L s2000 or one of the old 84mm ones from the 2L ones out now?

·
ILikeFastCars&FastWomen
733 Posts
He's most likely talking about the 90.7mm crank. I believe others have used a rod/stroke ratio of 1.68 with that stroke - so that would give you a ~152.4mm rod length. I have heard that the max rod length that you could go is 155.6mm but thats just in theory as far as I know.

·
Registered
426 Posts
a certain company (which we are not allowed to talk about) is making a kit for this. Im sure if you searched you would find the custom rods they are making for this application.

·
Registered
811 Posts
It's a long story, but I`d like to think that Chris is mature enough to allow us to talk about the company. As far as i know he just doesnt want us to like to there site or "advertise" for them. The company in question is IB (Import Builders). At the request of the owner of this site i will not post the adress of the site but if you do a google search you`ll find it. They and edo are doing a 2.3L destroked k24 block using the new 90.7 mm s2k crank. They are currently selling them. I`m not exactly sure of the numbers you requested so you might wanna post in their forum to find what you are lookin for but yes it has been done and it, as far as I know, is quite a success. They can help you pick the rod length to use as well as any other compnents. They can also provide you with the components or direct you someone who can. If you wanna know more check em out. They are very knowledgabel, esp. edo, and have done some impressive things with the b series and they are now attacking the k with the same feriociousness(sp?). :thumbsup:

·
Registered
811 Posts
how so?

·
ILikeFastCars&FastWomen
733 Posts
mrjdm said:
a certain company (which we are not allowed to talk about) is making a kit for this. Im sure if you searched you would find the custom rods they are making for this application.
The rods are an IB shelf item, but they can make longer/shorter rods per customer request with any build/aplication, for the right $$ of course

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i tried to buy something before and they didntt really want to tell specsa and didnt really want to sell it to me...

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
No one said that you couldn't talk about them. Maybe you guys need to grow up and realize that I am never going to censor the site to that level. I actually don't censor the members, I censor the vendors so they don't over run the site like they have done with so many others.

The reason the IB guys are not on the site is because I asked them not to advertise and they did. I also tried to work with them and add their products to the store but they didn't want to do that either. They are very poor business men if you ask me, but that is life.

As far as Edo goes, it is his choice if he wants to come back or not, he has decieded not to come back. I think he turned his back on the site in my opinion. I am not going to get into the full story of what happened, but it was the correct call at the time (no matter what some of you think).

As I said, you guys need to grow up and actually realize that I don't do things because I feel like it, there are rules and everyone must follow them.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
To answer your question, yes you can do the S2000 crank in a 2.4L block. Hy-Tech is using a Prelude crank with a lot of success. They are also actually using the crank and getting around 300hp N/A. I think the Prelude crank might be a little better way to go since it has been tested and proven to work.

I am going to be exploring this option with my JRSC project that is starting next weekend.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
Prelude cranks run between $700 to $900 brand new, I am not sure about the S2000 one.

The only reason I recommend it for someone that doesn't have a large budget with unlimited parts is because it has been proven to work, that is all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
K20A2 said:
The only reason I recommend it for someone that doesn't have a large budget
in that case i would probably go with the s2k... nobody has ever had problems with them being weak... i hope hytec does a lot more than a heat treating for that much $$, why not get an s2k and have it cryo'd for less if your worried about stock being weak

·
big magic bumpsticks soon
747 Posts
edo didnt turn his back on the site... hes busy with his business and im sure you will be surprised really soon. id wait on messing with your bottom end until more cams and the k series hondata programable is out. give you more options to work with rather than making plans now.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts