Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I come to you all humbled, and in dear need of help. I fully realize this may be a dumb question and all, but I can't seem to find the answer despite my extensive searching.

I'm following multiple threads for the DIY k24 swap, particularly the one by rick1024, as his was very well fleshed out, and also on a base rsx.

The trouble is, he indicates we should swap the k20a3 alternator onto the k24a2 - which is all fine and dandy, but when we went to do so, we noticed a big problem. See attached images, but basically the screw holes are in the entirely wrong orientation (A3 points out towards you, k24 runs along the engine). This makes bolting the alt entirely impossible, rather I'm going to have to stick with the k24, which I have no idea if that is ok or not ok. What makes me most concerned however is no one else seems to have this issue, and when I search k24a2 tsx 04-05 alternator, I get images with the bolt pattern that matches the A3, so the attachment shouldn't be an issue (further searching indicates others with A3 engines can swap it over no problem as well). So now I'm really wondering if I have a TSX 04-05 k24a2 or not. I got it from hondamotorsonline - the below link.

On their webpage you can see the same bolt pattern for the alt I'm currently struggling with, so it's not like they sent me the wrong engine, but I just don't understand how the "same" k24a2 TSX engines can have two different alt bolt patterns.

Pictures are as follows:

Old K20a3 with old alt - note the two bottom and one top forward facing bolts

New/Old alt (left and right respectively) - note the side facing bolt orientation on the new alt

Bonus question - the old K20a3 has a (deep breath) intake manifold runner control angle position sensor, which for the life of me I can't find on the new k24a2, and I have no idea if I need that sensor swapped over or not. I'm using the old k20a3 wiring harness, so if I don't find that sensor, that wire won't have a home, which is always concerning.

If anyone is in the Indy area and knows what the fuck they're doing, I'm seriously open to help, and I'll pay.

Thank any and all for taking pity on my soul.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dude you're so dumb, everybody knows that you should just put the bolt in and start her up. What's the big deal? Also read the threads...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sensor is actually the flux regen modulator, the k24a2 has an integrated by-pass so you don't need to worry about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude you're so dumb, everybody knows that you should just put the bolt in and start her up. What's the big deal? Also read the threads...
Hey man I actually agree, I'm basically inept when it comes to cars, but thought it would be a good idea for some reason to start with literally the hardest thing you can do - an engine swap. RIP me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts