Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

So, I recently threw a rod in my 04 RSX Type S. Motor is a K20A2 with X2M5 6 speed tranny. When i heard the knock, it was late and I just wanted to get home. I decided that I would just replace the motor anyways so i made the dumb decision to drive with the knock and try to make it home. Not the smartest decision I know. Regardless, the K20A2 is toast. My buddy talked me into getting a JDM motor which is the K24A. I am told it is a 40k to 60k motor from an 04-05 TSX. I researched a lot of threads on the internet and found that people were swapping K24A2's all the time. So i bought it. I am currently in the middle of the swap but i am running into some small issues.

I have pulled the K20A2, pulled the trans, re-surfaced the flywheel, sent my ECU off for K-Pro, bought a Throttle Body adapter and intend to use my K20A2 TB.I then installed the re-surfaced flywheel onto the K24A, installed a stage 4 clutch, mounted the trans onto the block, replaced the passenger side bracket with the CRV bracket, and I began to drop the motor into the car.

Issues:
1. CRV bracket (Part #11910-PPA-000) brings the motor mount forward just behind and under the power steering pulley. If I were to place my motor mount onto the bracket, any slack in the serpentine belt would hit the mount and tear the belt up. I do have a solution to fix this but want to make sure that I haven't made a mistake before i modify the bracket.

2. I belive the knock sensor's are a different connector but I am not sure. What will happen if I run a K20A2 knock sensor on the K24A and vice versa?

3. I went to replace my Crank position sensor, they both were the same connectors and appeared to be the exact same sensor, What will happen if I run the K20A2 sensor on the K24A and vice versa?

I am not running into to many snags as of right now but I have got to have made a mistake with the mounting bracket... it should work as all threads clearly specify the part number. My intentions for this car are to boost it once i got it runnning good and no issues come up. I am aware that I could try to use the head for a K20/K24, I could use the oil pump, and so on. I do not feel comfortable doing that kind of work myself, nor do I think any of the parts from the bottom end of the K20A2 are savable. Future intentions for this car are to boost it. For now, I just want to get it running good.

Can you guys help me out regarding this, I can post pictures of what I am dealing with if needed.

·
Super Moderator
259,544 Posts
  1. CRV Bracket should be a bolt on affair, and you shouldn't have to make any modifications . What I would suggest is converting the the accessory drives from your K20A2 over to your K24A, including water pump housing, water pump, oil cooler, crank pulley, alternator, belt tensioner, AC brakcet, etc. This will make it extremely easy to get everything going. The JDM K24A is completely different than the US engines, and it's easiest if you change everything over. Get new gaskets and o-rings for everything while you're in there.
  2. Use the K20A2 knock sensor
  3. Use the crank sensor from your K20A2, or from a K20A2
Pictures could be helpful if you continue running into snags.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Howdy I was contemplating whether anyone understood what you need to run a k24 from the agreement into a rsx type s case? Is it plug and play? Would you be able to in any case run the sort S ecu or would you need to change to a k24 ecu? Since I know for the ep3 undercarriage when trading to a k20a2 you'll require the ecu atleast from what I've perused. Much appreciated.
192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts