Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wait, you successfully swapped a 2008 TSX k24a2 (with real VTEC, unlike the k20a3/other k24's) into an automatic RSX and kept the 5 speed auto?!?!?! Does vtec and vtc and everything work like its supposed to?

Props man! That is my long term goal with an automatic RSX!

·
Registered
308 Posts
After 90,000+ miles with K20a3 and turbo setup with Greddy turbo/mani, the manifold finally cracked and the turbo oil seals started to leak. parts were getting old and leaking oil from worn valve cover seal, spark plug tube seals, oil lines wearing out, etc etc with an aging turbo setup.

The motor and tranny still ran fine, just mostly wear and tear on the boost parts. i now wanted to run a stock motor without worry about maintenance hassles. Also, my a/c compressor went out so decided to take the car to shop anyways.

The k20a3 had a total of 125,000. ~90k was boosted.

I decided to do a 08 TSX K24A2 motor swap and still retain the Automatic tranny. (before i heard about Hasport making a A2M bracket:mad:)

Most of the swap was straightforward and i had the shop clean the oil mess from the leaks while it was out.

OLD: Greddy T517z turbo/manifold, 3" Dp, 3" exhaust, 12-14psi, custom intercooler setup, RBC. 260+whp.

NEW: 08 K24A2 TSX longblock w/ 22k miles, Megan header/testpipe combo, Greddy Evo TT exhaust, Injen SRI, unmodified RBC.

Kpro had minor tweaks on the base TSX map but still not dyno tuned yet.

Special thanks to Secret Services Auto, Houston TX for a timely install and CLEAN install. They cleaned a lot of my other parts, ie. subframe, tranny, misc parts, via subsonic bath without me even asking or paying for it! Very fair on pricing esp the mess they had to work with

Come on bro! give us more details! I always wanted to know if you can fit the 280-hp, 3.5-liter, SOHC, VTEC V-6 in an base rsx.

Which engine is it?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Make it standar , Dagw.,

Or you like to drive automatic?

·
East Coasting
404 Posts
This is pretty awesome I think I'm going this route. You should supercharge it. Question thou did you have to mod your engine harness ?

·
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
my engine harness was already modified from previous setup. but not much modification would be needed. just basic modification for the throttle body sensor bc u need to swap to type-s throttle body...(i think u need to swap, not sure)

·
156 Posts
Yea, I just blew my a3 in my auto yesterday (247+ miles thought) and would possibly like to do this how would I go about piggy backing the ECU (Ive searched and read numerous threads) Thanks again!

·
Original Owner
2005 acura rsx type s
699 Posts
For everyone that have done the K24a2 swap in the base auto DC5, I was wondering if you use all the pulley and accessories from the base rsx? What serpentine belt did you use if you didn't use the pulley and accessories from the base?

·
Registered
2005, honda integra type s auto
1 Posts
Just finished a similar swap on my jdm auto type S, I used an engine from an oddessy absolute, car is way more alive, did a base tune with a non working vtc and made 185whp and 167lbft need to up the tune now I got the vtc working.

Stripped jdm k24a long block from oddessy absolute
K20z1 prb intake and throttle body with acuity tps (waiting on a friemd to let go off his rbc)
Ktuned intake and throttle body gaskets
Ebay 4-2-1 headers (2.5")
Stock k24a injectors (340cc)
Ktuner ecu
K24a crank pulley (tried the k20 pulley, but Temps were a little higher due to reduced rotation of water pump, actually calculated 10% less rpm at idle vs 2% loss compared to the full k24 pulley and accessories)
K20a water pump housing and accessories
7pk1751 accessory belt
Usdm crv chain case bracket
Ebay water neck

Easiest swap I've ever done

Nb. I already had ktuner etc, as I was running the stock k20 with a vtec killer setup, was pretty good over stock, but I wanted more torque (previously owned a bmw 330ci)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts