Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 200 Posts

·
Dafkup
2,080 Posts
Ahhh, and you upload Kals with Kmanager with it???? Awsome, great to hear someone else is doing it.

It's Genuine Honda Coolant (it's blue, Spaz coined the phrase I believe).
Yup All functions perform as normal.

Hey why Genuine Honda Coolant. Lol I've never seen. Bet they charge an arm and nad for it lol.

·
The Blue Bomber
Acura RSX
1,147 Posts
very nice job! alot of hard work being put into this for sure. Its nice to see others who either A) dont have the enormous funds, or B) like to be frugal and also DIY things.

very resourceful on parts (ie: header & coolant port)

subscribed! :thumbsup:

·
FS: K20A2 Head (C Sig)
2,096 Posts
Anyone running this swap with a stock header, or know if it'll fit? My k20a2 threw a rod Saturday morning and I'm looking to put a k24a2. I'm running a stock header (probably I'll keep it that way...). I'm not opposed to running the CRSX private label header, but when smog comes around I had better be able to put something in there. I don't think the smog guy will notice that my car has a k24a2 instead of a k20a2 :).

NVM, answer apparently is "Stock will fit" according to: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.php?p=21627632&postcount=10

Anyone confirm?

Matt

·
K24 is best
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I started the car tonight two separate times for only about five minutes each time. It was running afr of 10 and 11 at idle and 12 maybe 13 if I rev to 4000. Black smoke out the muffler. Got me some tuning to do. I did two short idle/reving datalogs, hopefully with some adjusting we will be running better

·
K24 is best
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
What PS delete kit did you guy? I am just going to bolt the Ps pump in place and attach that same belt. I will get the high pressure lines fabbed up later.
Don't be ghetto, do it it right, it's easy. I didn't use a power steering delete kit just a DIY part list that I got from this DIY thread...

Ended up being waaaaaay cheaper to buy these parts rather than any "PS Delete Kit"

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=566575&highlight=power+steering

Used these parts:
1 1/2 feet of 3/8 hose to connect the two -6 AN hose fittings
two -6 AN hose fittings
two 16x1.5 metric to -6 AN adapters (from JEGS)
31175-PRA-000 BRACKET, IDLE PULLEY
31185-PCX-003 COVER, BEARING
31190-RRA-A00 PULLEY, IDLE
90031-PRA-000 BOLT, SPECIAL FLANGE (10X25)
I used a 52.5 inch 6 rib belt (525K6) which is one less rib than all the pulleys in the system but it seems to be working fine.

You could probly special order a 52.5 inch 7 rib belt online but I would assemble it and just measure how long of a belt you need with a string.

I got them from HondaPartsNow.com, they seem to have the best prices I could find on most OEM parts.

:thumbsup:

·
K24 is best
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Here are a couple short datalogs I did while idling in my garage.

If anyone can tell me how to adjust this correctly that would be appreciated, I am learning as I go :coffee:

First one is just a short idle.
The second one is longer and I rev the motor a bit.

Attachments

·
K24 is best
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 · (Edited)
My Karcepts throttle body adapter plate didn't have a hole for my map sensor to use so after cutting a passage for it the car runs great now, can't take it out on the streets tho its snowing here.

Dude at kprotuners.com linked me back to here for the solution!

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.php?p=34144857&postcount=90

Thanks for the help!

EDIT:

Here is my karcepts adapter and how I modified it in case anyone needs to see how I did it.

·
Dafkup
2,080 Posts
My Karcepts throttle body adapter plate didn't have a hole for my map sensor to use so after cutting a passage for it the car runs great now, can't take it out on the streets tho its snowing here.

Dude at kprotuners.com linked me back to here for the solution!

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.php?p=34144857&postcount=90

Thanks for the help!
Can you feel the POWER :D

Whats on your mod list that is throwing off the stock k24a2 Kal?

·
Registered
596 Posts
NICE PROGRESS!!... i read that you used the stock water pump and oil pump...
anybody know if it helps to transfer the k20a2 waterpump?...

did you actually transfer any stuff from your old engine?... like thermostat housing? alternator? starter?... and also which sensors?

·
K24 is best
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
NICE PROGRESS!!... i read that you used the stock water pump and oil pump...
anybody know if it helps to transfer the k20a2 waterpump?...

did you actually transfer any stuff from your old engine?... like thermostat housing? alternator? starter?... and also which sensors?
Yes, I used stock water and oil pump/pan (for K24a2). If you use the Type S water pump you can use the oil cooler that it comes stock with. If that is no concern, then there is no advantage to swapping in the type s water pump.

I transferred alternator, starter and I deleted the rest....

As for cooling...
I used the K24 metal pipe piece
part of the k20 housing and the other part of k24 waterpump housing clocked so it would fit, and all k20 hoses (LMK if you cant get it, it works trust me.)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
K24 is best
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Anyone running this swap with a stock header, or know if it'll fit? My k20a2 threw a rod Saturday morning and I'm looking to put a k24a2. I'm running a stock header (probably I'll keep it that way...). I'm not opposed to running the CRSX private label header, but when smog comes around I had better be able to put something in there. I don't think the smog guy will notice that my car has a k24a2 instead of a k20a2 :).

NVM, answer apparently is "Stock will fit" according to: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.php?p=21627632&postcount=10

Anyone confirm?

Matt
When I have to smog in OR (next summer) I am installing in my stock K24a2 header with the cheapest cat section I can find, I'll report back..

·
K24 is best
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Done and put away for winter nap...

very nice job! alot of hard work being put into this for sure. Its nice to see others who either A) dont have the enormous funds, or B) like to be frugal and also DIY things.

very resourceful on parts (ie: header & coolant port)

subscribed! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Thanks!

So the car is done for now. Needs 500 easy miles to break in the clutch and then a tune in the summer and it will be finished. All filled with fresh fluids, Sta-Bil in the tank and jacked up under some plastic to keep moisture away. I also capped the tailpipe so no rodents try to live in there.

:coffee:

·
K24 is best
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
how much did it end up costing you..including kpro?... 5k?..
Totaling it up in my head yeah it's around 5k, but I also upgraded the clutch, added a UEGO gauge/sensor, and probly slightly overpaid for the k24a2...

There is a lot of little stuff that adds up over time...and I still need to get tuned so that's another few hundred bucks or so...

81 - 100 of 200 Posts