Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my car to this shop to get the motor swapped to the TSX K24, i also has him throw on a skunk2 street series exhaust manifold. it’s been around 3 weeks and the guy at the shop is saying my car is ready to be picked up but that it bogs out under 2000 rpm due to it needing to be retuned due to the bigger manifold and my ecu thinking that it’s a k20 and that the air/fuel ratio are off. A buddy I work with says that’s a bag of potatoes and that my ecu should be able to make the adjustments on its own for the car to run fine, and that it’s probably either an o2 sensor, spark plug, or vacuum leak issue. Thoughts? I don’t want to pick up my car unless it’s running how it’s supposed to be.

·
WILDCARD!
1,163 Posts
Did you even bother reading through any of that 2 month old thread you responded to? If they're just trying to run the K24 off of the old K20 ECU, then yes, it will run like shit. You need Kpro with a K24 basemap.

Is there some reason that you find your friend to be more credible than the shop that's installing your motor? If so, why are you paying that shop to install your motor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you even bother reading through any of that 2 month old thread you responded to? If they're just trying to run the K24 off of the old K20 ECU, then yes, it will run like shit. You need Kpro with a K24 basemap.

Is there some reason that you find your friend to be more credible than the shop that's installing your motor? If so, why are you paying that shop to install your motor?
Hey man I’ve been looking and looking for the right thread, could I pm you some questions?

·
Super Moderator
23,682 Posts
Take it from me, you need Kpro or Ktuner or some kind of programming.
The k24 and k20 are completely different beasts that have completely different mapping.
You shouldn't have done with swap without it honestly.
I just hope you don't ruin your motor before you tune it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts