Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

K24a2 using k20a3 head??

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Jaaved 
#1 ·
Guys my brain is fried. I have a 2003 BASE RSX and want to do a k24a2 longblock swap while using all the parts I can from the a3. I am very new to engines and all that fun stuff, the only work I've done is coilovers and sway bars.... and a car debage so people don't know I have a base... :( But, that's where the engine swap comes in! First off, I know the a3 has economy vtech. Is the vtech in the head or in the block? If its in the head I will want to swap it to a k20a2 head. What parts can I use from the a3 on the 24 and what parts should I buy aftermarket parts for/ buy a2 parts. I am planning on doing a full motor in the future and possibly boost but thats scary for the bank account. I just really want this to happen and I finally am able to save up the money for this. I really love my car and don't want to buy a new one. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!

disclaimer: I know there are many threads and I've read a lot of them. the questions I haven't yet answered from the research I've done so far.

#2 ·
I have an 06 Type S that I just K-swapped... K24A2 block with a K20Z1 head... there's a lot of things that you might not know about doing one of these swaps as I found out... you're going to need a motor mount from a CR-V, as well as a oil cooling joint from an S2000 as well.. you need to buy a race radiator or it will overheat..you will need a special tool to take the crank pulley off.. your V-Tec is from the head, but keep in mind that no matter what you will have to get it K-tuned in order for your car to run right.. also not cheap..fully do your research before making the decision because people will say it doesn't cost that much, but I'm close to $5,000 in on it between tools n parts

#4 ·
I have an 06 Type S that I just K-swapped... K24A2 block with a K20Z1 head... there's a lot of things that you might not know about doing one of these swaps as I found out... you're going to need a motor mount from a CR-V, as well as a oil cooling joint from an S2000 as well.. you need to buy a race radiator or it will overheat..you will need a special tool to take the crank pulley off.. your V-Tec is from the head, but keep in mind that no matter what you will have to get it K-tuned in order for your car to run right.. also not cheap..fully do your research before making the decision because people will say it doesn't cost that much, but I'm close to $5,000 in on it between tools n parts
This statement is incorrect. If you are having heat issues, there's something else going on. There's another member on here that's running a k24 on boost with the stock fans and radiator that has no issues. You should have joined the site before you did your swap. Could've saved you the headache.

#3 ·
Dude, what are you trying to do? Your first thread said k24 swap, and now you’re talking about head swaps, a hybrid k20/24 using shitty A3 parts and you’re also talking about boost. There’s no reason you should even consider using a3 parts if you’re going to swap. I understand that you're excited about the options you have, but you should decide on a goal before you get ahead of yourself.

You need to continue doing research. I don't know what threads you're looking at, but the questions you're asking have been covered more than once over the last 20 years. You don't even know what Vtec is, you're getting in way over your head. I'm going to leave this thread alone, but if you post another like this I'm going to close it.

"Tell me what to buy" or "Give me advice/ suggestions/ ideas" | Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum (clubrsx.com)

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dude, what are you trying to do? Your first thread said k24 swap, and now you’re talking about head swaps, a hybrid k20/24 using shitty A3 parts and you’re also talking about boost. There’s no reason you should even consider using a3 parts if you’re going to swap. I understand that you're excited about the options you have, but you should decide on a goal before you get ahead of yourself.

You need to continue doing research. I don't know what threads you're looking at, but the questions you're asking have been covered more than once over the last 20 years. You don't even know what Vtec is, you're getting in way over your head. I'm going to leave this thread alone, but if you post another like this I'm going to close it.

"Tell me what to buy" or "Give me advice/ suggestions/ ideas" | Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum (clubrsx.com)
why so hostile lmao everyone starts somewhere not everyone is as experienced as you. I'm 17 years old and just got my first big paycheck. I can finally afford these things which makes me excited but people like you just kill me so kindly fuck off

*** ^^ this is why you do not tell a super moderator to f*ck off people.

#13 ·
Do not even try to put a3 garbage head on k24a2 just built up a tsx head with cams and valves and springs and port and polish and you will be very happy with 300hp 9800rpm redline torque monster. The k24 is what the rsx should have came with from factory. You got a lot to learn young one. With money 💰 comes great responsibility save it and do much more research.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.