Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, i have a question that i cant find much information about i have a 5 speed out of a 04 honda accord it was the k24a4. i got it in a swap i intend on putting in my car but the problem is i hear these transmission cases are similar to the tsx 6 speed cases that have clearance issues in the rsx chassis. the 5 speed i have has a cracked mounting bolt hole and needs to be replaced regardless so i guess what my question is can i take my rsx 6 speed case and put it on the 5 speed with no issues or will there be some incompatibilities? truth be told i want to run the 6 speed but i'm broke and cant afford a total rebuild on my 6 speed that shredded 3rd gear. i want to get this car back on the road as soon as possible but these are the parts i have currently. i was thinking if i could swap the case because they look similar it should go without a hitch but I'm a total newbie to this stuff and i don't want to tear apart a good working 5 speed if i'm not going to be able to put it back together properly. Thanks for any advice P.S if i found a new case at the junkyard could i, in theory , make the 5 speed work for my setup if i extended the vss wiring?

·
Super Moderator
23,794 Posts
now I haven't actually dealt with the cases specifically but I have had turbo friends swap the 6spd for the 5spd no issues. And I know this case is from the accord which could be different but I've never heard of the clearance issue.
I'll do some digging today and see what I can find but I don't see why it wouldn't work myself

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I think it will work. It will fit, but the only issue maybe how the sensor reads the speed off the tranny. I think they are all the same until 05-06 and then it measured off of 3rd gear and not the differential. Then the voltage changed as I think the plug.

·
Registered
218 Posts
^that is correct. The speed sensor reads off the tranny on 05-06.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an 02 RSX-s I was also wondering what Ecu I should run I have the k24a4 stock Ecu can I run that on the RSX harness or will I need a tune. Because I really don’t want to spend tons of money on kpro for a car that’s going to stay mostly stock

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I don't know how well a K24 runs on a RSX tune. The RSX harness to RSX parts is nice as everything plugs in. Another issue is that most or many or all (IDK) K24 ran without a throttle body cable. That changes a lot between the two. Not a great answer, but all those sensors need a home, so many run a k20 head on the K24 and even then I don't how it runs without a tune. Either ECU strive for the 14.5 Fuel to Air ratio. The sensors in the throttle body, manifold and 02 accomplish that by leaning and richening the mix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was pulling parts off the same motor in a junkyard they have throttle cables but in completely different positions so I’ll probably have to make something work. I was looking around I found someone locally who said he can flash my Ecu with the new parameters for my swap since it’s going in stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts