Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this spare k24a4 engine just sitting in the garage and was wondering if I swap the intake manifold and tb on to my k20a3 would it make more power? I'm not using the k24 because it has a spun bearing so what are the options here? Just swap intake Mani? Use the whole head? Not sure what to do but I'd like to get some use out of it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well at least someone responded Lol. I don't know either, I've tried searching but all I get is rbc manifold results. 8(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Your engine is the same as the K24a4, just with less torque! Do a engine build or sell the block and buy a K24a2. Bolt ons will get the creative juices flowing!

·
QUACK ATTACK!!!!
3,864 Posts
Using the A4 IM will give you good clearance issues due to the angle the throttle body come off of it. I used my A3 IM on my K24A4 to avoid the clearance issue

·
Registered
162 Posts
You could use it, but it isn't as good as the TSX IM. People swap those onto K24A4s to gain some extra low end. The injector base is the same between them though.

If you want to run it you'll need a TB adapter, shave the coolant jacket (like you do for the RBC IM), and you'll need a fuel rail from a 2003 CRV (the A3 fuel rail dampener won't let it bolt flush on the K24 injector base and most of the fuel rails from Accords and TSXs don't have a dampener at all.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts