Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I just bought a k24a4 with what the owner said had a bent valve , now im thinking of putting a k20 head on it but I'm 15 and I don't know what I'm doing. So it would mean alot if you guys could tell me some stuff to help me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only have the engine
I bought the whole engine for $80 he said that valve was bent but i have not disassembled the head yet. But I got told it was out of a element.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But I know that he has the Eco vtech and I would like to change that to a normal vtech but I don't know how to get started

·
Registered
35 Posts
I give you props little man. Read up, watch videos and get your hands dirty. Pull the head and see what’s going on.
take photos and notes of the disassembly.
you certainly can put a real vtec head on it from a type s or tsx.
Hey worst case you will learn about Honda engines for $80.
good luck

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The end of that first sentence made me spit out my coffee...
Because you don't know what you're doing, you should really learn about the motor before you worry about swapping the head. Start reading, guy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The end of that first sentence made me spit out my coffee...
Because you don't know what you're doing, you should really learn about the motor before you worry about swapping the head. Start reading, guy.
He’s a kid and said he doesn’t know much. Give him some credit. He’ll learn.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright y'all , I have working on engines before I'm not a city boy. I have built 200cc engines so I know how a engine works. And last night I did over 2 hours of research.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay I need help what head should I order for my k24a4 , I want to have a good vtec but I also only have $300 to spend on a head. I have been looking at a crv head but Idk if that can work.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Z1 genius. How about you look at the link someone was nice enough to post for you up there ^, Mr. I did over 2 hours of research. Good luck with your build and your attitude.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts