Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if anyone is interested, however, I am selling my base model, k20a3 engine, automatic tranny, and ecu. The engine has one blown piston ring in the 3rd cylinder.
1.The engine is only 18,200 miles old.
2. The tranny has a high performance torque converter installed by Level 10 ( www.levelten.com ) driven only 4k miles.
3. The ECU stock

Make me an offer, am willing to negotiate.

· Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i VieTEC said:
I think you were one of the first base with CN stage 1 correct? How did you blow the motor?

nah, i wasn't the first, but i think i was among the first 10 done on a cybernation lift. The engine is good, just that one piston ring went. I'm not sure, cause my guages never went in the red (lean) or the yellow (stoich). My digital reading was sayin 11.4 a/f, which is only an estimate, and CN recommends anything under 12.5-12.7. What i can say is that i felt the car lose power after 4600 rpms, at WOT, on the track, the day it went too. See this is why we must listen to our cars. I felt it on the 3rd run, and the 4th is went it went. Kinda embarrassed, cause i went against a civic si with the exact set up as my own.....now i have a Cybernation Brother at the track. We both have problems, his stock clutch finally went, so time to upgrade, like me, i'm upgrading to a type S engine. It was fun driving this base turbo using the shiftronic, but after driving my 1990 toyota camry 5spd, i can't wait.....DAMN JULY IS TAKIN TOO LONG!

· Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i VieTEC said:
how many psi were you boosting?
when it was installed, 5psi. AFter the temperature started to drop back up north, i started boosting at 7psi, which was normal, cooler air, blah, blah, blah. Now, i can boost at 7 psi at part WOt, and 10psi at WOT, and i did nothign to the wastegate or my boost controller, which is connected but off.

NOw that u think of it, i just think the ring went because of the boost, not because of a lean mixture, cause i never went lean or stoich in boost. CYbernation, from what i know, never blew a piston ring when they boosted their SI's more than they should, but every car is different. I guess my ring called a divorce :p

OTHER THan that, the engine is strong, i start it up and yeah there's vibration, but it sounds good and all! After the engine gets warm, i get blue smoke, normal when u have the ring allowing oil to mix within the camber.

stage 2.5 only a matter of time!

· Registered
5,292 Posts
sageprime1 said:
I'm not sure if anyone is interested, however, I am selling my base model, k20a3 engine, automatic tranny, and ecu. The engine has one blown piston ring in the 3rd cylinder.
1.The engine is only 18,200 miles old.
2. The tranny has a high performance torque converter installed by Level 10 ( www.levelten.com ) driven only 4k miles.
3. The ECU stock

Make me an offer, am willing to negotiate.
It's unfortunate the N/A forum doesn't have a mod to clean up the other thread, but hopefully it will be taken care of here.

Post things you are selling in the FOR SALE forum. It's not a hard concept.

· Registered
270 Posts
glimpse... dude give the guy a break... he just blew a piston ring for christ sake... and actually his for sale post has to do with the boost section because of what he is selling... Level10 mod for a tranny to strengthen it for boost.... and an engine...

and not all people interested in turbos read up in the For Sale Forum...

"its not a hard concept"... bwaaaahaaahhhaaa

· Registered
5,292 Posts
type1rsx said:
glimpse... dude give the guy a break... he just blew a piston ring for christ sake... and actually his for sale post has to do with the boost section because of what he is selling... Level10 mod for a tranny to strengthen it for boost.... and an engine...

and not all people interested in turbos read up in the For Sale Forum...

"its not a hard concept"... bwaaaahaaahhhaaa
I wouldn't care but he posted it in three different forums and not the For Sale forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.