Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Karcepts Throttlebody Adapter Causing Boost Leak

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Cloneufc 
#1 ·
Well I think I finally found the culprit of a boost leak I have, I boost leak tested the car a few days ago and air was pouring out of the throttle body gasket, ok no biggie, changed the throttle body gasket and used light dabs of RTV to ensure it will seal. Put the car back together, same issue, peaking 10psi falling to 8. I'm going to upload pictures of the old throttle body gasket to show you guys, there is literally about 1/2 millimeter of gasket material actually holding boost pressure, well, actually not holding, the machining in the adapter to bolt it to the RBC falls right under the map passageway, and it is causing it. I will upload pics and re-test when I get home

#4 ·
I just ran into that issue as well. i had a leak in the gasket and didn't have enough time to get a new one as i'm on a deadline, so honda bond was used temporarily. I'll be getting a new gasket soon and hopefully that will take care of it

#12 ·
I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same issue with the Karcepts adapter. After going crazy, I found the problem. The flanges are not machined properly and leak when boosted. Get the adapter machined, or weld it to the manifold. I machined the adapter and it fixed the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.