Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing all the horror stories about our leather being poor quality.

So I was wondering if any one had installed the katzkins? and is the leather of a much better quality?

also I have the titanuim interior so if i were to do this in the future which color would I choose? I would want as close to stock color as possible.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The Katzkin leather is soo much nicer. It is thicker so you wont leave a butt print everytime that you get out of the car, and it can come in 2 tone color schemes. I can post up some pictures for you later to see how close my color choice was to Titanium. The airbags and seat bottom have to stay the same color so like you said you need to pick as close to stock color as possible. The only problem is, I dont remember what name the color was. Maybe if you post a list of the names I will be able to remember after seeing it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jlmille5 are yours 2 tone? what other color did you go with?

i would definately like to see some pics.

right now i'm just gonna wait and see how they hold up, but it sounds like with the quality of them eventually your gonna be screwed. So when that time come i'm sure as hell not going with the oem leather again. and i would like to keep my airbags right where they are.

by the way did you get yours with the perforation or without??

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Hes right, it was definately puddy. I got red centers too, so they are puddy with perforated red centers.

What is this Sparco suede that is cheaper? I am interested.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what color is your car Jlmille5?

I've been trying to figure out what color would look good with a white car and titanuim interior. for the insert color

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My car is Firepepper red, and I got the inserts in red. The reds dont really match, but you cant tell unless you are looking for it.

·
pimp
1,267 Posts
where can i buy sparco suede from? i want to put that on door panels

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anybody have any ideas on what color i should put in inserts? I have the white w/ the titanuim intertior.

this titanuim interior is a bitch to get aftermarket stuff to look good in it. :jigglemad

and white inserts would get dirty plus not a good contrast of colors

are you gonna get those pics of your seats soon?

·
28,750 Posts
Sparco sells rolls of fabric whch you can then use to reuplhoster your seats and or door panels. I think they're cheaper than Katzkin from what i've been quoted. www.sparcousa.com and find a distrubtor near you. 150 CDN for a roll of Sparco suede, and I believe thats enough to do as much as Katzkin does...you can buy more to complete change seat colours and all....the problem is finding the upholsterer for the sparco.

A bit off topic but does anyone know if suede causes any problems with heated seats?

·
...gOt boOst
1,645 Posts
Yup go with SParco..alot cheap'r 2

·
pimp
1,267 Posts
NO suade with heated heats should be fine... alot of BMWs have suade and god knows they have heated seats

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you buy aftermarket seats (like Sparco), do they have the options like the OEM seats have? (heat, lumbar support) Is there an aftermarket company that makes seats in a red black combo in leather?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
my seats are on the katzkin website...i love the seats...i have abp car with pacific blue inserts and black outer trim...love it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts