Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1580 Posts

·
RSX-less
3,325 Posts
Weird, I too just logged in after a while. You last visited: 06-25-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Mostly so I can see if I can sell my old rims. Haven't had a RSX in a while, then did the whole TSX thing. Now I'm trying to be as cool as Andy with a civic, but I only have a sport model. Haha.

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
still have the legacy as most know... has more power now since my oem turbo shot craps this year. been a year of car issues though.

should be some where around 300 to 320 to the ground according to the tuner down here. :dontknow: it pulls a hell of a lot harder that's for sure, at the same time rarely even come close to pushing it.

·
RSX-less
3,325 Posts
still have the legacy as most know... has more power now since my oem turbo shot craps this year. been a year of car issues though.

should be some where around 300 to 320 to the ground according to the tuner down here. :dontknow: it pulls a hell of a lot harder that's for sure, at the same time rarely even come close to pushing it.
I was wondering where you'd been. I see Andy on Facebook. Sucks on the car issues, but at least you had an excuse to upgrade? I, too, had car issues; which was why I moved on from the TSX. It had 250k miles on it haha.

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
I was wondering where you'd been. I see Andy on Facebook. Sucks on the car issues, but at least you had an excuse to upgrade? I, too, had car issues; which was why I moved on from the TSX. It had 250k miles on it haha.
yea, i ditched facebook back in march? had enough of the tracking things, blah blah blah plus watching people's drama all the time... hell not like i ever said much anyways :rotfl:

250k is a couple miles dude hahahha. is the civic a step up? i've sat in andy's but nothing more.

i had a secondary car for a little while only a few people knew about lol. didn't even last a year, thing was a lemon.

i upgraded because of the cost of a new oem, plus the stock intercooler is known for not even holding the stock turbo when you throw more pressure at it. how mine did? eh luck i guess. first thing to deal with was 100k mile maintenance (which i'm still not quite there), after that i was getting a camshaft over advance, replaced the control valves that change your cam duration (advance/retard timing), after that it seemed something that was clogging those much have made its way to the turbo...

went with the bnr 18g (little laggy but smooth on power), grimmspeed top mount intercooler, mishimoto coupler from the airbox to turbo (stock collapses under more air flow), had to swap from the cobb accessport to ecutek and retune (they wanted a lot of money to get to the software i had, was stupid), and replace an axle that was bad.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,565
i still have my rsx. and that's all the news i have. :lawl:

·
RSX-less
3,325 Posts
yea, i ditched facebook back in march? had enough of the tracking things, blah blah blah plus watching people's drama all the time... hell not like i ever said much anyways :rotfl:

250k is a couple miles dude hahahha. is the civic a step up? i've sat in andy's but nothing more.

i had a secondary car for a little while only a few people knew about lol. didn't even last a year, thing was a lemon.

i upgraded because of the cost of a new oem, plus the stock intercooler is known for not even holding the stock turbo when you throw more pressure at it. how mine did? eh luck i guess. first thing to deal with was 100k mile maintenance (which i'm still not quite there), after that i was getting a camshaft over advance, replaced the control valves that change your cam duration (advance/retard timing), after that it seemed something that was clogging those much have made its way to the turbo...

went with the bnr 18g (little laggy but smooth on power), grimmspeed top mount intercooler, mishimoto coupler from the airbox to turbo (stock collapses under more air flow), had to swap from the cobb accessport to ecutek and retune (they wanted a lot of money to get to the software i had, was stupid), and replace an axle that was bad.
Feel you on the Facebook drama thing, I tend to mostly just post on instagram.

As for the civic, my hatchback sport won't even come close to Andy's CTR. I just got my Sport a couple weeks ago. It is weird to go from having a few Acuras in a row to a civic. Things I assume were basic amenities in cars, are just standard in Acuras and upgrades in a Civic. Stereo/speakers in Acuras aren't great by any means, but compared to a civic, they sound awesome. :rotfl:

I did do the usual ricer mods, but still need to find a tint guy. Got a guy quoted here but his schedule so busy and I'm anxious to get it tinted. Lowered the car within a week of owning it and various other small mods to get it to a respectable look. I can't roll stock height too long. Haha

Damn a couple things went wrong in your car. Sounds like one thing kind of snowballed into a few other things. Overall, still like the car? I was looking at some Subarus before I bought the Civic but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on some car I don't know anything about. Hondas, no matter the model all are kind of similar in some way. :vtec:

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
Feel you on the Facebook drama thing, I tend to mostly just post on instagram.

As for the civic, my hatchback sport won't even come close to Andy's CTR. I just got my Sport a couple weeks ago. It is weird to go from having a few Acuras in a row to a civic. Things I assume were basic amenities in cars, are just standard in Acuras and upgrades in a Civic. Stereo/speakers in Acuras aren't great by any means, but compared to a civic, they sound awesome. :rotfl:

I did do the usual ricer mods, but still need to find a tint guy. Got a guy quoted here but his schedule so busy and I'm anxious to get it tinted. Lowered the car within a week of owning it and various other small mods to get it to a respectable look. I can't roll stock height too long. Haha

Damn a couple things went wrong in your car. Sounds like one thing kind of snowballed into a few other things. Overall, still like the car? I was looking at some Subarus before I bought the Civic but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on some car I don't know anything about. Hondas, no matter the model all are kind of similar in some way. :vtec:
i don't even have instagram, kien and the girlfriend keep telling me i need it... even a couple family members kept telling me that lol.

i don't blame you on the sticking with honda. if it treated you well in the past it's hard to ignore that. didn't realize that the acura line had standard gear that was a honda optional... that kinda sucks. makes for really having to load the car up i bet.

as far as new subaru i'm kinda meh on them. most of them i don't think look pretty, i've read about a lot of turbo motors now having issues. i dunno what exactly they changed but personally i know two people that had ring land failures in a year. that's pretty bad considering i don't know that many people. the n/a ones though i think are solid right now... personally if i bought a new car right now it would probably be a camry or a mazda 3.

what suspension did you go with? about four years ago i swapped to the tein flex z and holy crap i love them. if you're considering a coil but don't need the high cost of a full aluminum they are a great bang for the buck. i think through ray down here i spent about 800 something.

with my car yea things did snow ball no question. do i still like it? honestly yea, still do. it's still comfy, gets around good, the newer coils ride pretty soft, granted i do have some squeaks and creaks here and there with some plastic rubbing sounds now but that's about it. most things are holding up fairly well considering the age. only thing i've kind of wanted to change now is wheels... same ones for 10 years is kinda getting to me. ray had me considering some fuel upgrades as well. thought i could pull about another 40 whp out of it with e85. it's tempting but i never even really use what i have soooooo :dontknow:

and just because you'll laugh about this probably. for less than a year i had a 2016 ford fiesta st (recaros and what not in it). first part failure in 3 weeks, about a month and a half in had a big failure... had a rough idle on start up that was a misfire in cylinder 3. (mind you here, only had about 3000 miles on it at that point, took it with 600 or something after they drove it to me) they bore scope it, coolant in the cylinder, motor is done. dealer down here says ford claims it's cheaper to have them get all the parts and build a motor, they do, i have idle issues when pushing the clutch in, i complain we go round and round, fast forward to after talking with the bbb about lemon law stuff... another dealer down here throws it on a lift, oil everywhere, the original place didn't put any gasket in right, was something like 38 days i didn't have the car made them buy it back.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,569
Been a while, but whats it look like now?
sadly, not good.

got hit / run at the apartment complex, door dings, rear quarter panel rust. other than that, still kicking.

you can tell she has been through some things with andy fisting it and stuff.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,575
1561 - 1580 of 1580 Posts