Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1 up, 5 down
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been reading on here about people that have cammed their 05-06 and used new valve springs and retainers and their keepers have been coming loose or even popping out. they are saying that the older models 02-04 have better keepers for the new retainers and usually dont have any problems. i have an 03 and im about to put in some stage 2's, valve springs, and retainers and reading these things have been making me a bit nervous. so my question is, has anyone had any trouble in a 02-04 type-s with their keepers not fitting properly with aftermarket retainers???

·
My torque is low like
12,935 Posts
i've been reading on here about people that have cammed their 05-06 and used new valve springs and retainers and their keepers have been coming loose or even popping out. they are saying that the older models 02-04 have better keepers for the new retainers and usually dont have any problems. i have an 03 and im about to put in some stage 2's, valve springs, and retainers and reading these things have been making me a bit nervous. so my question is, has anyone had any trouble in a 02-04 type-s with their keepers not fitting properly with aftermarket retainers???
The problem isn't with the new style keepers its just that they changed the design slightly. So when you use valvetrain designed around a component that isn't exactly the same you are going to have issues. You will not have any problems.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=462167

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.