Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my car I only got the 1 key + fab, they said the other was locked up and would mail it to me, it was like 10pm by the time the sale was final, no big deal.

Well ~2 months down the road, they *dont* have the key/fab, and they need me to come in to get them cuz they HAVE to be programmed.

I know the immobolizer needs to be programmed but cant they get it from acura, without me going to the dealer, its almost 2 hours each way, and they lied to me.

I have the 1 up, The title got sent to me instead of them on my trade in, so im holding it till I get my key,..

So mainly what im asking is

is it - Possible - For them to get a key and fab without me going to them, from acura or w/e.

even if they send a blank fab thats ok, I guess its more or so a question about the key.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
When I bought my car I only got the 1 key + fab, they said the other was locked up and would mail it to me, it was like 10pm by the time the sale was final, no big deal.

Well ~2 months down the road, they *dont* have the key/fab, and they need me to come in to get them cuz they HAVE to be programmed.

I know the immobolizer needs to be programmed but cant they get it from acura, without me going to the dealer, its almost 2 hours each way, and they lied to me.

I have the 1 up, The title got sent to me instead of them on my trade in, so im holding it till I get my key,..

So mainly what im asking is

is it - Possible - For them to get a key and fab without me going to them, from acura or w/e.

even if they send a blank fab thats ok, I guess its more or so a question about the key.
I am not sure if they can program the key without an original key, but you have a good point, you kinda think they could get that from some master database.

Wait for one of the EX-honda techs to chime in.

·
Wheres the Bulkhead?
354 Posts
^^^ Dude if your new just look for some threads that you want to put input on don't Hijack threads. Just go to the member show off and post what you think about peoples cars or something just don't ask a random question in someones thread. It only takes 25 posts to be able to makes threads.

And to the TS, I think its a good idea what your doing. I also have an idea. Is there a Honda place around you because I also got my car kinda far away from my house. Maybe you get get them to pay a local Honda or Acura dealership to do the work because they lied to you. just a thought.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Kinda tough to make the dealership do anything after the sale is final, unfortunately thats kinda how it goes sometimes.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
LOL

Wasn't there a DIY on re-programming the keyless entry remote? Can't they just send you the Key (w/chip) and you program the keyless?

Tell them to send you 3 new keys (2 keys and a valet) and a new immobilizer that matches. Once you do the swap, you'll send them your old one that does not work with they new keys they sent you...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just went to my local honda dealer, and they said they are unable to cut and program acura keys. hmm :(

·
Check REPTAR!!!!!!
15,879 Posts
I have not posted too many replies on the forum so cannot start a new thread...question: The 2005-06 A-spec lip kit(oem) is available: I am getting the front, sides, rear lip and the high wing spoiler(all painted) for $1374(shipped)....is it a good deal?????
its like $1300 shipped on ebay

·
Suzuka Blue AP2
739 Posts

yes and yes.

for the key only a honda/acura dealership can tho, your vin has the sequence to cut the groves for the key. you could try and get someone else to match cut ur key but either way you gotta goto a honda/acura dealership to program it

the fab you could do urself its just a simple squence you have to do, i could tell you the secret if you have a fab :thumbsup:

edit: noticed you said you went to a honda dealership and they said no, well the fed you a load of bullshit

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, im going to call my acura dealer and tell them to cut and program a key off my vin and send it with a blank fab.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts